Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Tomorrow I'm leaving on my summer holidays. Mabel Lake camping/boating for four days. I'm not really in a position staff wise to do it but I'm not letting a whole summer go by without going camping atleast once. I will be firmly out of cellular service just were I need to be for a few days. Looking forward to clearing my head and relaxing. The agenda will be full of wakeboarding/tubing(with my daughter) and lots of beer drinking and tall tales around the campfire in the evening. I'm sure I'll be popping in a few times today but then will be MIA until Monday.:)

Bye Squish, Enjoy your vacation. Let me know how it turns out. I might try it someday.

No were not that formal although someone always tries to get touchy feely at some point. Last year one guy swore us to secrecy and then told us about how when his uncle died he got more money than his brother and sister and then they were mad at him. I didn't say anything but I was thinking "if you are going to swear us to secrecy you got to give us something juicier than that". Who would want to spread that story around? Our Pastor moved to Illinois two years ago and we have this interm pastor while they try and hire a new one and he has the personality of an ironing board. So this may suck. But it's not too much about religion and more about having a weekend with no work and copious amounts of good food, and no women, unless you go to the local bar there. My son is going with me.

The place is one of the most beautiful in the Sierra Nevada, it is full of Ponderosa Pines that are all about 100' tall. The night sky is pretty spectacular also, I guess being at 7500' elevation and no lights around brings out the stars. I'll bring my camera. I go to sleep with the TV on at home so sometimes I have trouble falling asleep with just dark silence around me. My mind starts thinking of things and can't stop.

I am very very scared of 'men's retreats'.

Their is a guy in my area with a tree service who goes to Man's Camp. I made a deal with him, he does'nt tell me what goes on there, and I dont ask.

My wife hates me. She suffers from frequent insomnia. I lie down to sleep and usually am asleep within seconds. I keep telling all you insomniacs " a clear conscience really helps".:P

Frans, Since Steve is going and it is a church related outing I'm not worried. I imagine it will be much like hunting camp or a fishing trip without booze. There are certain "men's retreats" that are truly terrifying in prospect but those revolve around the celebration of gender confusion.

Well I'm back, pics will follow once I get organized again. An awesome time was had even though the weather was real hit and miss (which is why we're home today and not tomorrow). Still a great relaxing time with the family.8)

Well I'm back, pics will follow once I get organized again. An awesome time was had even though the weather was real hit and miss (which is why we're home today and not tomorrow). Still a great relaxing time with the family.8)

Who the Hell are you? :?

I'll load some more for you, Yes Darin Her fathers' family is from there.

She's been back a little over a week, hence not much TH time.

Well shoot my pics aren't gonna have anything on that, camera is buried somewhere in the camper after it died hafway through the trip. But I'll dig it out maybe tomorrow.

Nice pics Deva/Malika!8)

Hey Bodean can I borrow Malika for a tour guide when I go to Morroco:lol: ...... I am sure she would have a good time:D.....You lucky son of a gun.

Back