Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Im up for re-cert soon. Cost about 200 $ for 58 credits. But then in the next 3 years how am I gonna get my ceu's?

Robert, use the question quizzes in the arborist news magazine, use the online quizzes at the link I posted up a couple posts ago and between them you can likely get 15 to 25 over 3 years. take a first aid course and get yourself a few more. Have tailgate safety meetings at work, tell the ISA CEU person and you will get even more yet. My plan is to get the CEU compendium in the next year or two as I am trying to get mega CEU's so I can take either the BCMA exam or try the ASCA route.

Thats all the books you can buy presently the compedium $200. How about the following 20 years how can I make that many CEus 60 every 3 to stay C.A. the books dont exist yet.

its 30 every three years to stay certified. the one option is to write the test when your 3 years expire and pass it or find ways to get CEU's. There are tons of books the ISA has that can get you CEU's, they list them at their bookstore. Or like I have said twice now, you can go on line and take the free quizzes and use the article in each arborist news magazine (which you should get as a member of the ISA).

other info on how to get tons of CEU's:
http://www.isa-arbor.com/certification/ceus.aspx

yes the magazine quizzes are the best, and give you 18 every 3 years! tc the short articles have ten questions and are worth a half, full articles have 20 and are worth one. They should be worth 2 like you say compared to the online ones which are gimmes basically, gifts to the muni's who lobby harder than us working members.

Paul you will really like the compendium it will strain your brain, in a good way. And yes the workbooks that come with the books are another good way to test yourself on important info.

Well, life is a bit better, I now have a PC that will consistently connect to the net. I still need to work on the vehicle situation, and how to eliminate all of this new found debt I have. Everyone thinks I am nuts for looking at getting another full time job, but I look at as it's over sooner? I dunno.
But I am alive and kicking, and hope to be around more now.
Andy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well it's been about 6 months since I have been on any of the tree sites. Thought that I would drop in and say hi. I was spending too much time on the computer and decided to take a break........more important to be a family man, it was time to put my priorities straight. I am alive, well and overwelmed with work for all who are wondering. Anyone looking for work? :/:

Craig

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
On my shelf, I am gonna pass it onto Ben.

Hope life finds you well Butch.

Well it's been about 6 months since I have been on any of the tree sites. Thought that I would drop in and say hi. I was spending too much time on the computer and decided to take a break........more important to be a family man, it was time to put my priorities straight. I am alive, well and overwelmed with work for all who are wondering. Anyone looking for work? :/:

Craig

Hairy my man!!!!! Welcome back Craig. Missed ya.:) :|: Ya don't gotta post a lot... just drop in now and again! hopefully sooner than 6 months...

Take care...

Gary

Good to read ya Craig! Hope you're doing well, sounds like it, possibly overworked but well ;) . Pop in if ya get a chance, take 'er easy.

nice to see you Craig. be well and work hard! stop in once in again amigo.

what kind of jobs are you looking to fill? just out of curiosity....

Craig, we have missed you. Glad to hear all is well with you and yours. I am still waiting to hear about your vacation to DR!

Good to hear from you Craig. I understand your choice. I am not sure I could do the same.

Good to hear from you Craig. And I understand where you're coming from, I did the same thing a couple years ago. I dropped off all the tree forums for almost a year. It helped me gain a little perspective, as I had gotten way too wrapped up in them.

Unfortunately you took off before you posted any vacation pics! :what:

The vet? That sucks, locked up in a cage all the time! You've no one on the island to watch him? :(

MB, he is such a silly dog. Scared beyond belief. He won't poop sometimes cause he heard a noise. He will not go with anyone but us. However, he has stayed 4 times at the vet, so he will be okay. But, I miss him tonight.

Back