O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Not that I know of but I could be wrong. He went to UMASS arb program, started out with a pick up truck etc

Very impressive
Thanks Sean (and Burnham)
If I’m honest, it’s just a case of a couple of HP purchases paid off (truck and chipper) recently and the “necessity“ of a bit of debt needed for the business.

I hope it proves as much fun and as impressive as the last one.

How many hours and years on the old one?

How much trade-in value compared to new?

I'm about three payments from no more payments.

Looking at what next to finance.

Bought a pair of these chainsaw jeans. Only wore them a couple times, but so far they’re comfy enough for spur climbing on a spar, they might lack some flex for moving around a big canopy, I’m sure there’s better choices out there for that, but they’re roomy enough for most work. Ask me in a year or two about durability, but they seem tough and well made. Price is unbeatable and they look like normal jeans. Forester Denim Jean Chainsaw Protective Chap Pants - https://www.forestershop.com/forester-denim-jean-chain-saw-protective-pants-csjean.html

C6560D80-B33C-4114-987B-8EC73A367792.png

I honestly don't get it.

There are way better materials available than denim, so what is the idea of chainsaw jeans, except for the look?

Are there better materials? Anything you use is gonna get shredded if you hit it with a saw. It's the stuffing that matters. Nylon might be more abrasion resistant, but it feels terrible against the skin. I wear ACUs+chaps. 50% is as much nylon as I can stand on my skin at one time, and the ACUs are light.

edit:
Just looked at the sales page for the jeans. They come in 32" inseam only. What's up with that? Shorter people can roll them up, but I'd be wearing flood waters :^D

edit2:
I was just thinking what I'd do if I did this professionally. ACUs have pockets at the knees for pads. They could be fitted with cut resistant material, but thighs would still be exposed. I could sew my own pockets over the thighs, but that's more work than I'd like. I wonder how half chaps would work out climbing? Stop them at the knee for extra cooling, and a bit more mobility. That would probably cover >90% of cut incidents climbing, no?

Last edited:
I usually prefer a 34 inseam, but these fit well. I agree however that it’s stupid to not offer custom lengths. If you need longer, you’re out of luck, if you need shorter, a tailor will probably hem them for a few bucks.

Denim is tough material I always thought. Cotton does well against sparks and whatever heat one might encounter.

Well, if nothing else, the price is attractive. Looking at TreeStuff, nothing comes close to what those jeans cost.

Are they rated, certified? UL or CE or ANSI or similar?
The protection stops at the top of the thighs...leaving you a tad vulnerable gents. Even chaps go all the way to the waist.

I hate denim for work pants/jeans. One small hole or tear, and within two wearings, it's a blowout. I wear Dickies canvas work pants and they last and last, even should you get a hole in them.

Late to the party but that is a fine looking tractor, Mick.

Speaking of safety gear that doesn't look like it, have you seen the yellow vests that look like a flannel shirt but with a vest on, its all a 'yellow vest', no flannel shirt plus yellow vest. I can't find a pic online but I saw one on a news report that showed a construction wearing one

Back