O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Two full days with the new loader and I already have 9 hours on the machine. Having a blast and quickly getting comfortable with the controls, although the boom is still super sensitive when lowering it at full extension. Barely touch the handle and it drops like a rock. I wish there were some sort of compensating valve there to prevent it from dropping so fast.

Other than that it's a super solid machine and way better than I expected. It picks up anything I can get the grapples around effortlessly. And in 2 days I've already made enough to cover the first month's payment.

...although the boom is still super sensitive when lowering it at full extension. Barely touch the handle and it drops like a rock.

You might want to get that checked out with the dealer. I have the 420 model but it can be feathered down very gently even at full extension with a full load.

You might want to get that checked out with the dealer. I have the 420 model but it can be feathered down very gently even at full extension with a full load.
I will start a list. Salesman strongly suggested letting the dealer do the first service at 50 hours "for the warranty". :|:
But I will go ahead and comply and bring them a list at the same time. Might as well give it a good shakedown and let them deal with everything at once instead of bringing it back a half dozen times for petty crap.

You should feel safe, very safe.
Had to remove this frozen aluminum biner from shower rack. 30” bolt cutters wouldn’t touch it which totally blew my mind. So I sawed 1/2 way thru which was a lot of work, then used bolt cutters to finish. Insane toughness and strength.
0E73535F-7493-49E2-BEFD-D5916C80A486.jpeg

Have you used those cutters on chain yet? Most cutters made anymore are complete trash, very soft steel.
Hmmmm....hard aluminum...poor cutters...how big are your biceps, Cory? 😝

I've only used them on some hard cable that was probably 3/8" and they went trru it like butter. Ha, and I cut the steel soap rack thing off the biner before I tried to cut the biner, it was probably 1/8" and it went thru like nothing.

Scott, I hear ya. I couldnt get perfect leverage cuz of the position and angles, and I didn't want to accidentally break any tile by going nuts on it, but I did reef on it best I could and the biner just wasn't having it.

Idk, even it the biner was in the shop or somewhere I could put all my force on it, and even given the pipe stems I'm working with, that biner was tuffffffffff.

Ya know, I think I'll try them on some 1/2 steel and see what happens.

Haha! That's my living room. Had to show it to my wife before it gets all dirty.

30" bar.
Never heard of a 30”. Always increments of 4”....16”-36”, 18” being the exception.

I was gonna say we may need to start a shop pics thread...

That tiny saw looks handy, looking forward to your thoughts on it after some use.
Wonder if leaves cleaner cuts than most chainsaws.

Sean you are a sweetheart, nice way to outfit the GF.

I bought one…. Haven’t used it yet. But it is cute.

i watched a fella on IG remove a good size tree w one, many double cuts…

Orchard work.

Needing to nip a hanging piece to lay it down.

Kid's first chainsaw training.

That would canopy raise a bunch of conifer limbs.

Better chainsaw massacre tool...smoky, loud, pull-start 2 cycles were way too much of a problem.

It's a massacre, no need to butcher it. That's what bandsaws are for.

I gonna use it, too.

I outfit all my employees for production.

Back