O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

yup that is enough for me too, sitting here at the safety of the puter:lol:

This has sooo gone downhill into dangerous territory, my peeps.

Reminds me a bit of my flirtation with a line gun, back more than a few years.

:D

Um I guess.

But re the issue, guns have safeties despite the fact they can be operated completely safely without using the safety switch simply by using proper procedures and awareness, so why not an apta.

You of all people throwing shade upon an idea for possibly improved safety!

A ball/butterfly valve is way different than a trigger with an exclusive bullet.

Nudging a valve slowly lets out pressure.

Safety features make people complacent and not keep their head in the game. Some I believe in, some make situations more dangerous.

I grew up in the age of critical thinking. A customer of mine told me that's all over amongst more of the population than ever, and to give up on people making sensible decisions without Google.

This is way, way easier to keep safe than commuting... only one person involved in a very stable, controlled setting.

I cleanly set up my cube and weight,

pump the APTA up,
ALWAYS pointed a safe direction,

drop the weight in, ring down with a couple inches of slack line,

tap the butt on the ground or steel toe of my boot (wet, wet lawn), listening to the sound to know its all the way down,

Shoulder it,

aim and fire.

The apta order of operations has caught my attention in the past also. The bag/projectile is not the only issue. The throw line had best not be accidentally wrapped around something important. High-velocity ligature can amputate parts.

pump the APTA up,
ALWAYS pointed a safe direction,

drop the weight in, ring down with a couple inches of slack line,
I don't like this. Something stupid could happen, and the weight gets shot in your face. Load the bag first, and it's virtually impossible for anything to happen.

I don't like this. Something stupid could happen, and the weight gets shot in your face. Load the bag first, and it's virtually impossible for anything to happen.
Agreed.

I thought Sean's original point was load first, charge second?

I have on occasion loaded after charging, but there is virtually no danger whirls just starting the bag. Once it’s stuck into the pipe and tamping starts, I squat beside it so I can hold the valve closed with one hand while tamping with the other. Unchecked, the valve could easily creep open during tamping. (APTA is pointed somewhat straight up while tamping).

Bought a new bid/run around vehicle last month, a Tesla Model Y. If gas is $2.75/gallon, I’ve averaged ~75mpg in terms of cost per mile in the 3.5 weeks/2500 miles I’ve put on it.

Very happy with it. The cost was only $5k more out the door than what I paid for my 2016 F150 Lariat, out the door.

1633380353054.jpeg

Last edited:
Just find a practical use...

It seems that a badger (one or more probably a family) is wrecking the property of my parents. Beside the dozens of test holes, the area elected to become the live center is bored by 3 main entrances and some secondary holes. The amount of dirt excavated is impressive, I mean HUGE, like 2 or 3 cubic yards easy !
I wonder what could be the result of the Rodenator here. :wall:
May I propose this solution to my parents ?:evil:

Bought a new bid/run around vehicle last month, a Tesla Model Y. If gas is $2.75/gallon, I’ve averaged ~75mpg in terms of cost per mile in the 3.5 weeks/2500 miles I’ve put on it.

Very happy with it. The cost was only $5k more out the door than what I paid for my 2016 F150 Lariat, out the door.

View attachment 114821
How is it spec'd? Single or dual motor, battery size? Sasquatch compatibility? I rode in a 3. You didn't get in it, you sort of put it on like a coat.:/:

Carl, what's it like driving an essentially silent vehicle

Or in other words, "What's it like driving around in 4000 lbs of toxic waste that will pollute our planet for hundreds of years?" At least oil and steel break down into inert elements in a relatively short time.

There's nothing in an electric car that's particularly toxic, or more so than an ICE car.

How is it spec'd? Single or dual motor, battery size? Sasquatch compatibility? I rode in a 3. You didn't get in it, you sort of put it on like a coat.:/:

It’s a Model Y Performance, so dual motors, 75Wh battery, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, 155mph top speed. The Y is 7” taller than the 3, I didn’t buy the 3 because my shoulders hit the door frame getting in and out while my knee drug under the steering wheel. No such problems on the Y.

It’s very refreshing. The car is comfortable, quick, fast, and fun all while being very convenient to run around in. 182 miles yesterday, something like $6.50 in electricity,

Or in other words, "What's it like driving around in 4000 lbs of toxic waste that will pollute our planet for hundreds of years?" At least oil and steel break down into inert elements in a relatively short time.

Or in other words, "What’s it like being bitter that my golf cart of a car would smoke your Bullet while being safer, more efficient, and more comfortable?"

Back