O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I still need to test fire it. I wanted to get some brush dragged at the house, and didn't feel like fooling with throwline when I finished. Just sitting in the house, I don't have an opinion one way or the other regarding the handle.

" I've been running that for the last 7-8 years"

" Remember it as being a bit wider???
Side rake , much more effective"

" I can see that, now that I look closer.
Should have kept it with the wheels on and then just a hydraulic motor placed where the TPO axle sits on the machine and an Avant hanging plate and same clutch as a hedge trimmer and a weed brush works with"

Hope that makes some kind of sense to you Mick.
That last poster writes in a weird way.

Last edited:
I’ve tried several different bags, but the Petzl Jet 10 oz works the best for me. If it’s a really high shot or a tree with rough bark, etc, I’ll swap out for a 12 oz Jet. I just set it on top, RING DOWN, and ramp the APTA on the ground until it’s seated. Never used a ramrod.

PETZL - Jet, Throw-Bag

Sorry....why’s what? Ring down? Because the weight of the line will make it flip flop if the ring is on top. Ramrod? Why bother? The ground is always there!

Yes I figured that's why ring down, I'll try it that way next time

There’s no comparison, Kyle. I haven’t used my Big Shot in years. I only use the APTA four or five times a year though.

It's pretty fun to shoot too, though it might be a bit less impressive coming from a bigshot as compared to hand throwing.

In a thread around here somewhere(did I start it?), it seemed like the general consensus was the apta was the superior line setter.

Back