O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm very impressed with the serrated edge on my Trekker, it cuts like a mofo and seeminglydoesnt get dull. Thats the good news.

The bad news is I'm terrified of the prospect of sharpening it since I'm marginal at best re sharpening non serrated

Like chain filing you will get better with practice.

I guess, it's like the chisels and planes for woodworking. You get nothing valuable with a file, way too rought. The key is a set of very fine abrasive stones to obtain a polished surface on the both sides. The difference in cutting is amazing, both in ease and in quality.

No need to go creasy about it tough, if the knife is used to cut your food in a ceramic plate or turn a screw.:O

I love a good riggers knife. When I was briefly doing rigging on Maine's First Ship, got to learn from a talented old hand. His is a modified file, and you could cut rope pounding on the back of the blade with a mallet, super salty

Version 2 of my Camp Turbo strap repair a friend's wife is doing for me. She first tried one of all leather, but the rope rubbed the stitching too much :( It was beautiful, worked great and even solved some of the kicking out issues with out having to lock the cam. But...
So back to nylon. But she personalized it for me :)
20210801_144220.jpg 20210801_144212.jpg

Are tracked chippers common; maybe a UK thing? I don't think I've ever seen one. A quick image search shows mostly UK addresses.

Pete Ive had a wheel loader for at least 17 years now. I wouldnt even consider doing tree work without one at this point.

Looks like yours would benefit from some high floatation tires

Looks like yours would benefit from some high floatation tires
Thanks, I will look into that. I would however be wary about increasing width, as we have stupidly narrow gateways and access to a lot of properties
Brilliant Pete.
You’ll need some road plates soon though.
I already have a pile for the chipper, but I will need more I think 👍

Those straps are so excellent, perfect fit right away.

I got one of those DMM PerfectO biners, they’re great. I want a few more.
Mine has a captive bar. I put it on the Akimbo, very compact setup.

Great tool...fwiw, i tie a piece of 3/8"-ish rope a prussic on the pole, and across to a rung... adjustable as a position-holder for working on hard surfaces.

Does your ladder have a plug in the pole end?

Back