O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

It's not possible to switch it out under load. Even with that Smart Winch I don't think there's any way you transfer a rope from the bollard to the winch, or vice versa, while it's under load.

That was my thought. Dropping wood off of (or onto) the GRCS is a non issue in my book. I won't use it to drop big chunks, but it does see plenty of wood. It is a bollard in and of itself isn't it?

We rarely use the bollard and dump wood onto ours all the time. Monday we are wrecking a big Cedar and will use it with a vertical zip line for the wood.

If you want to swap the line between winch and bollard, have a look at this one :
http://shop.freeworker.fr/demontage/cylindres-de-friction/ld1-rigging-system.html
or the version with an aluminum frame :
http://shop.freeworker.fr/demontage/cylindres-de-friction/ld2-rigging-system.html
new on the market, clearly "GRCS inspired", but they have a removable device to hold the rope under load during the swap.

1 EUR = 1.3739 USD
2900 EUR = 3984.31 USD
Thank you sir!
Wow do those look cool!

Just got this about 2 weeks ago..used for $325...KM 110R.

Ran it for the first time today after giving it a good sharpening. Worked great for cutting bamboo and clearing privet hedge in between bamboo shoots.

Anybody have experience with these? Anything to be wary of?

When I gassed it up the cap would not snap shut...luckily had a spare for the 200/290 that worked. I just saw at

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2011/STIHL-Recalls-Yard-Power-Products-Due-to-Burn-and-Fire-Hazards/

there is a recall on some of these due to gas cap problems. I'll have to check my serial number tomorrow...maybe my dealer owes me a gas cap?

Attachments

• brushSaw_002.jpg
    brushSaw_002.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 62
  • brushSaw_003.jpg
    brushSaw_003.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 64
  • brushSaw_004.jpg
    brushSaw_004.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 62
  • brushSaw_005.jpg
    brushSaw_005.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 64
Nice. Those angle heads suck at height. The angle is too much for the motor to pull the chain. Mine always stopped. No problems otherwise.

That trailer has been WONDERFUL, It was Alex's idea and a great one. We can actually roll now with ALL of our tree gear in one place, not having to retrieve it from several areas and then go to a job. One of our best moves.

This from 1.5 years ago...lots fuller now.

Attachments

• IMG_0928-r.jpg
    IMG_0928-r.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 80
I worked with a couple guys who did that. I could never decide if I liked that method or not. I mean, it's gotta be towed by a truck... why not just carry the gear on the truck?

If the truck is dedicated to work only, that's fine Butch. But if not, then Gary's solution makes pretty good sense. He's a part-timer, likely it's better for his needs.

Yep...Burnham has it right. Plus there is not enough room on the truck to carry it all. The bed is open for carrying big stuff at work. Also the trailer keeps it all dry and secure...out of sight.

That trailer has been WONDERFUL, It was Alex's idea and a great one. We can actually roll now with ALL of our tree gear in one place, not having to retrieve it from several areas and then go to a job. One of our best moves.
attachment.php

This from 1.5 years ago...lots fuller now.

Me likey..... :D

Gary, Nice KM score. I have wanted one of those angle attachments at times. I have the KM 130 and would highly recommend that to anyone buying a new Kombi unit or new extendable pole saw (HT 131). I have a lot of the attachments if you ever want any input about value/usefulness. The 130 motor pushes air out of the compact blower attachment so well that I leave my back pack blower at home most of the time, especially when hedging or some such anyway.

I'm thinking of adding either an enclosed trailer or 8x12 (or so) box I would load/unload with the track loader to serve as a place to keep small equipment. Pumps, hoses, extension cords, generator, saws, blower, rope, chains, winches, tripods, cones, tools, grease, maybe fuel, etc.

Start a bigger job and you bring it out and leave it on site until completion. A trailer would likely be best as a box would quickly outweigh the track loader. Put signs on it and you have a billboard!

Gary, Nice KM score. I have wanted one of those angle attachments at times. I have the KM 130 and would highly recommend that to anyone buying a new Kombi unit or new extendable pole saw (HT 131). I have a lot of the attachments if you ever want any input about value/usefulness. The 130 motor pushes air out of the compact blower attachment so well that I leave my back pack blower at home most of the time, especially when hedging or some such anyway.

x2 on the km130, but I haven't touched my blower attachment since I got a br600.

Gary, the dealer will definitely just give you a new cap. The ring on my original cap got swollen enough I was using my leatherman to take it on and off. Gotta love ethanol. :/:

Back