Not sure if anyone wears Wescos but.

hmm, the Mythbusters crowd didnt manage to get a steel toe boot to amputate in a bunch of their experiments, guess the real world is a bit different.

I was thinking about that. See, the steel toe covers the top of the toe, not the bottom of your foot. so if the steel collapses, it seems like it would simply flatten out, and burst out of the leather. Unless the leather held trapping your toes between the steel and the sole of the boot. But that would take alot of leather and stitching strength. Seems doubtful.
Either way, having a construction plate, outrigger, heavy weight crushing your boot is bad no matter what.

Crushing aside, the steel toes do transfer heat and cold, and bite into the top of my toes, so I don't like them.

Yeah, this guy's toes may have been cut off simply by the weight of the trailer tongue, not the steel toes of his boots. I didn't really think about it at the time - just saw the steel toe of the boot mashed into what used to be his toes and never forgot the image. The steel had indeed torn the leather and stitching. It probably would have happened even if he hadn't been wearing steel toes.

Back