No-twist rappel techniques

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To ease the setup I added another biner (actually in the tree it was a screw link)

Attachments

• P7050704.JPG
    P7050704.JPG
    514.2 KB · Views: 12
This was the bulkiest to move, but was the least gear intensive. It is basically one munter wrapped right over the other. This idea was originally shared at the buzz by Dave Spencer, inventor of the FOS.

Attachments

• P7050705.JPG
    P7050705.JPG
    496.6 KB · Views: 13
And my favorite of all- this is the small ring from a RING/ring friction saver:

Attachments

• P7050698.JPG
    P7050698.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 13
AKA: atc, stich plate, tuber, fuse trango..........double munter is hogwash:D

Oh yeah. Munter has been around for ever and I wish it would just go away. I would rather throw my rope on the ground and stomp all over it rather than use the Munter. I have used it a lot, and hated it every time. It is rope-on-rope friction. That fuzzy stuff all over your carabiner when you get done lowering yourself or a log is your rope!

Everyone should know how to use it, but there are so many better ways.

Dave

Oh yeah. Munter has been around for ever and I wish it would just go away. I would rather throw my rope on the ground and stomp all over it rather than use the Munter. I have used it a lot, and hated it every time. It is rope-on-rope friction. That fuzzy stuff all over your carabiner when you get done lowering yourself or a log is your rope!

Everyone should know how to use it, but there are so many better ways.

Dave

Agreed....but I seldom use it , as when I need to descend single line, and don't have an 8 on my saddle.

I never come down single line on my Blaze or I'd break out my old sticht plate...It's prolly too small for 1/2 inch line. Good idea, Nick!

Back