New Weaver Cougar saddle?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
W

Widow Shooter

My girlfriend is away and stopped at an arborist supply place in London, ON.

she picked me up some essentials- biners, a new micrograb, some laynards, new deluxe pads for my spurs etc..., but she surprised me on the phone by telling me that she also got me a new Cougar harness from Weaver...anybody try one? are they a good saddle?

I have the 4 dee weaver, I like it when rigging alot, but my legs go a bit numb if I'm sitting too long ;) The pics seem like a good deal, has anybody tried the rope bridge system? and how did you like it?

she got it for a price of just under 300.00 Canadian, the fellow at the shop said they are going way up in price :O

thanks.

Cary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a very dynamic climber who moves into a lot of funky positions...lol.
I'm thinking it might give me some extra freedom?

how does the rope bridge system feel when rappelling down or when clipped into a suspended working position?

A rope bridge, or any style of sliding bridge, will allow you far more freedom and versatility in movement when compared to a 4D saddle.

LOL, yeah, she is the best Butch and pretty as a speckled pup :) ;)

green eyed blonde who takes no shit from anyone...;)

and she is not even my wife....yet;)

ha ha, been there twice my man, treading egg-shell light...;)

ha ha ha, yep
she has fire, half German, half Scot background....;) :)lol

saw the saddle you want as your next, looks nice

WS, I have climbed ( very briefly) on a Cougar. (That doesn't sound right does it) The saddle wasn't adjusted for me and pinched but the overall lay-out of the saddle impressed me and I had little doubt that it would have been comfortable set up for me instead of a guy 4 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter.

Well, I'll have a good test for it on Tuesday, have to climb and trim a bunch of dead of 2 big oaks:)

I'll give a complete feedback on it after that.

The Cougar is a great saddle!! I've had one for about 5 months now and I love it. After you get it dialed in right, this thing is great to climb in!!

The rope bridge is a nice set up, and it will definitely allow you more freedom of movement.

Well, i got the saddle and climbed a bit in it...wow! what a step up from my old one:) very comfortable and i LOVE the rope bridge...8)
easy to adjust and the 7 wide back-pad along with the 4" leg straps make for a very comfortable ride, it is a very good, well made saddle for the money, Weaver has come through again.

the quality is always 110% with any Weaver stuff I have got.:D

Kelly surprised me with the saddle, but here are a few pics of other toys she bought me...yahoooo!!!!!!!

Cary

Attachments

• IMGP3862.JPG
    IMGP3862.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 6
I needed a new rope grab, she also got me an adjustable laynard, some new throwline, new biners, a Silky Gomtaro 300, some new Weaver BIG pads,a few web laynards, new gaffs for my spurs and new straps, another figure 8.....and it isn't even my B-day..;)

here are some pics of the new cougar, showing the rope bridge, the side dees and the back, very nice set-up.

Thanks Kelly, you are the best :) :)

Attachments

• IMGP3863.JPG
    IMGP3863.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP3864.JPG
    IMGP3864.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP3865.JPG
    IMGP3865.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 4
And Butch, I agree, the straight blade Silky's are awesome:)

you don't like the big Weavers Butch?

what do you use???:?

i was just checking the invoice...24 bucks for the Silky??? that can't be right???

Back