New Weaver Cougar saddle?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
cool. so if i buy one and it need a new bridge he will come out and splice it while i'm in the tree then

:lol: How the heck else would you do it?

Actually, I've replaced the bridge on a cougar a couple of times and it took me about 1/2 hour. You have to completely remove the leg loops and the belt from the bridge. If it was mine, I woulda cut the dang thing on and tie a new one on. I didn't learn all those knots for nothin!

great when i need a new saddle i will look in to buy one. I had no idea how to replace it so i shied a way from them. They look like they are conferrable and i like the floating d.

maybe use the Petzl opening rings in place of what is there. That way you could swap any bridge at any time with no problems

Now that Petzyl is selling the sequoia. I would think they have to sell them as replacement parts.

Nope, they changed their mind about that last month. As of this week, I can no longer get just the rings separately. The only way they will send out new rings is if you return a Sequoia to them with broken rings and they put new rings in themselves. CYA liability crap, I believe.

Nope, they changed their mind about that last month. As of this week, I can no longer get just the rings separately. The only way they will send out new rings is if you return a Sequoia to them with broken rings and they put new rings in themselves. CYA liability crap, I believe.

One more reason I love Petzl.:evil:

I was aware of the 'no rings supplied' issue so I figured I would just use the ones I have from my sequoia.

Or... I could fabricate some out of steel rings...

Frans if you have the ability to do a similar deal as the rings on the Sequoia, I'll buy two sets from youz.

Huh, cutting a notch out of a steel ring and then tapping the threads is not that hard.
What would be hard is the thought of someone other than myself depending on those rings for life support.

Eh, thanks but I don't want that on my mind. especially late at night when I can't sleep and start thinking of something going wrong.

No, sorry no can do.
I have not done this because I already have a sequoia and don't mind stripping it of parts to mess around with a project saddle.

Back