new toy

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
G

Greenhorn

Finally got another streetbike. Been really missing having one since moving to the city - allows me to get back out in the country quickly and cheaply. Also nice for bids. Not to mention this thing loves to corner.

Attachments

• SV650.jpg
    SV650.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
just like hanging from a rope with a chainsaw....

Which is a perfectly sensible thing to do especially if you spray all your ropes with chainsaw repellent like I do.

Sorry for the bad ju ju. Rock on on your new bad motor scooter!

So what is it? It looks like the 600 version of the bare Katana, but.................
I like it A LOT!

Laugh all you want, but I think I am going to get the Ninja 250 tomorow.

Nice bike.

Please be careful, no matter how good of a rider you are, it doesn't mean the other drivers on the road know what they are doing. Thats why I'll never own a street bike.

G-luck with it!

I just got my toy back from the shop. I was lonely without her for a while. Brendon is right, you can be the smartest and safest rider on the road, but an unsuspecting driver that isn't paying attention is all it takes.

Other than that have a blast

Nice wheels.....I do miss not having a bike, but there is no way I would drive a bike round here, the roads are too full of arseholes who have never heard of a turn signal/indicator.

So what is it? It looks like the 600 version of the bare Katana, but.................
I like it A LOT!

Laugh all you want, but I think I am going to get the Ninja 250 tomorow.

you going to need more bike than that. they don't work so well with big guys like me or you on them.:D

its a "naked" sv650. Used to ride the inline 4 sportbikes but will never do that again unless I'm on a track. Torque from a V is much better around town.

I dont haul ass around town and have never felt in danger from cars - you gotta be defensive and the bikes are so nimble and fast. You just assume nobody sees you. But the fun lies in mountain/country roads with minimal traffic.

you going to need more bike than that. they don't work so well with big guys like me or you on them.:D

I want a nice nimble "starter bike" that gets killer gas mileage, and I can't get to stupid on.

Went to look at it again tonight, started the paperwork and all, while waiting the salesman suggested I call and see about getting insurance. WOW!!! Didn't see that one coming! $850 a year for the same coverage I have on the truck, basic full coverage is $600 a year!!!!
Now if I go buy a Honda Shadow 750, it's $125 a year?
A dual sport is $67 a year!!
Gieco is $149 a year?????
This is nuts!
I'm going to check acouple of other places tonight online, but I think I am going to have to change gears on my thinking!
Progressive is $95 a year???????????
Gieco is $149 a year??
This is nuts!!!

get a SV, a big guy had this one - it has a GSXR 750 rear shock on it - handles great after you get the stock one off - for aggressive riders or bigger folk.

Back