New Saddle

Im thinking bout a black widow

Attachments

• blackwidow.jpg
    blackwidow.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 103
I took a good long hard look at the black widow. My thoughts are that it is a good saddle. What needs to be changed is the bridge design. I like to be able to swap out bridges. cut off the rings and use shackels.
Maybe I will make my own petzl opening rings out of steel. That way I can get away from shackels.

I got a versatile and a traverse, they're very similar, and I love them. I have used a few leg strap and butt strap saddles and I am hooked on the bosun seat, I'm never going back.

my master has the buckles so that with the wrong move the pinch my bag

Attachments

• 11290_01.gif
    11290_01.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 91
I used my Sequoia on some large removals last week and found it to be excellent. I've had mine since late feb and have yet to find any complaints about it.

I've never climbed on a versatile but two different guys who have worked for me use them and they both think they are the cats ass.

Hey MB, If you used to climb in the weaver with the sliding D, I bet you'd like this as much as the versatile. And it has the batten seat.

Attachments

• Pstraverse.jpg
    Pstraverse.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 30266.jpg
    30266.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, a couple different ways.

Well, I just refused shipment and it's going back. Now I'm waiting again...

I'm probably gonna send it back because I forgot to tell them I want the large dees. CRAP.

I don't know who you ordered it from, but if it was Wesspur we only stock them with the large dees.

I've always been a fan of the bosun style harnesses. I have a buck like the one Andrew posted, it sure is durable... and heavy. Then I got a dragonfly, its comfy and lightweight, but it sits funny. Now on the sequoia:D is all I can say about that....

So no one else finds the webbing flaps on the sequoia a pain in the arse to deal with?
I may re-sew the black webbing 'tabs' to make them longer so I can grip them wearing gloves..

Back