New Mag For Tree Climbers

chris_girard

Treehouser
I just found this new magazine for tree climbers and tree workers. The only things they cover are climbing, rigging and PPE. No politics or companies are covered, just useful info. It does costs $10.00/yearly for the down-loadable e-mag, but it's worth it. I think that it is published out of Australia.

Here's the link.

http://www.arbclimber.com/index.php/home

I love how the pic on page 2 is of a guy 1 handing a saw and only tied in once. I do that every day but I don't espouse to be all about safety:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love how the pic on page 2 is of a guy 1 handing a saw and only tied in once. I do that every day but I don't espouse to be all about safety:lol:

Funny that you should mention that, because I thought the same thing until I read the article. The article is about the good and bad of one handing a saw and the picture was just there to show what not to do.

Check that integrated helmet in the advertising...power rangers step aside!

Tophopper, it does have a hard copy version, there are options for electronic or hard copy

I've already read a few articles in the magazine and they are very good. Definitely worth looking into IMO.

Nope, not this one Butch. I just got the premier issue in the mail yesterday and it's great!

You have to pay for this mag, which allows the writers to right things the way that they see it and not necessarily ANSI or some other bureaucratics way.

The one handed use of a chainsaw article was truly a breath of fresh air to read.

I was wondering why I should pay for a trade mag as well until I got it and realized that is was unlike any mags out there for tree work. This one is actually FUN to read. The guys who write the articles are field workers like us and have some great humor too in their stories.

Nope, not this one Butch. I just got the premier issue in the mail yesterday and it's great!

Thanks for sending me that issue! I will admit that this mag does NOT suck! Lot's of good articles and nice pics... heck, I even liked the advertisements!

Who wants it next???

That makes me think of that logging video we sent around the world so many times, until it got stuck with Rborist1, or whoever that fellow was... Craig?

Is it just me or do many of the articles seem like ads? One thing that always annoyed me was when an "author" would write an article on a particular subject, say innovations with chippers, and all they do is interview chipper manufacturers about why their chipper is the best. I am not sure which magazine did that, I think it was Tree Services or Arbor Age or some other crap free magazine.

One thing that I noticed right away was the very high quality of paper used in this first issue. It will be interesting to see if they keep it up. I have never had a magazine with such thick paper.

Over all I found the magazine to be quite interesting and I will be ordering the second issue from Treestuff.... assuming they will be selling it.

Back