New Lowering Device

I believe you're correct. I bought the last one to come out of that place and I was shocked as to how heavy it was. I used it a lot at first but now it takes up the bottom of my toolbox most days. I miss having them ten minutes from home.

I'll use natural friction. Especially if you only need to do a bit of roping.

As do we. But on a removal with some volume of rigging to it, I make sure we use a device. It just saves time and keeps the headaches down for whoever is on the ground.

On removals, I do 90% of the roping from up top so Ben can have both hands free to deal with the pieces I'm lowering. If we have more hands on site, I'll use blocks/device and take bigger pieces. I have worked so long with just one groundie that having extras is a pleasant change from time to time.

Yeah KK shut down almost two years ago I think. I went to the auction and picked up a bunch of stuff I really didn't need but had no choice at the prices stuff went for. I can break a pruner pole every week till I'm 70 and still have a few left. Sad to see it happen though. They just couldn't compete with online companies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So to let any interested parties know, this device is available now to purchase through Wespur and Treestuff at least. I did intend to post more pics and videos in the meantime but have been a bit stretched by other stuff. Thanks again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And thanks again Butch for letting me promote the thing here, mate:thumbup:. Appreciate it

Nick, please tell us more about this, if you have the time. I am completely unfamiliar with this contest. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Back