My smiling mug :)

• Thread starter Tom Dunlap
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 8K
T

Tom Dunlap

It's been a while since I've come into the Treehouse. A couple of days ago I wandered around and saw that NE Tree has a four year old picture of me wearing a TH tee. That shirt is long wore out and made it's way through it's last life as a shop rag. I had just a little more hair then!

At first this ticked me off. But I've thought it over. In the mean time I see that I've become so popular that Rocky has my smiling mug as his avatar too! Why thanks guys! Two of the top 20 TH posters share my smiling mug :DAs a Hollywood agent said, There's no such thing as bad publicity.

It seems like this free promotion is working too. A bit more traffic at TB for some reason.

If anyone else wants to use my smiling mug for an avie, help yourself. If you want any other pics just email me.

Have fun!

Tom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You'll see the prototype Treebuzz shirts at the ISA Conference Butch.

Right now I'm printing out the first one.

See ya there I hope!

Here's one of my favorite t-shirts.

Greg helped a lot on this climb.

Alban lost his left leg in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. His wife gave him a birthday present of an adapted New Tribe harness. Greg, Andrew Joslin and I worked together to give Alban the opportunity to get back into the trees.

The front of Alban's and my t-shirt says it all.

Attachments

• CR Alban and Tom tshirt.jpg
    CR Alban and Tom tshirt.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 219
Here's one of my favorite t-shirts.

Greg helped a lot on this climb.

Alban lost his left leg in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. His wife gave him a birthday present of an adapted New Tribe harness. Greg, Andrew Joslin and I worked together to give Alban the opportunity to get back into the trees.

The front of Alban's and my t-shirt says it all.

some how I got left out of that adventure.......:cry:

The Unicender is the only rope tool that ascends and descends a sinlge rope without a changeover.

A few weeks ago I got the newest version of the Uni and it is even better. This version can slack tend the rope in about the same way as a pulley under a climbing hitch.

Lots of people have looked at mine here at the ITCC and like the way it works.

Take a look:

http://thompsontreetools.com/

Only drawback I can see (without having used one) is that it is so dang big and clunky.

But there are other climbing devices used which are just as big. Check out post #6

Only drawback I can see (without having used one) is that it is so dang big and clunky.

But there are other climbing devices used which are just as big. Check out post #6

The Unicender isn't really 'big and clunky'.

MANY people have looked it mine over the last three days at the ITCC and are impressed with the possibilities.

Since no other tool can smoothly ascend and descend a single rope the Unicender has set the mark for any tool that might follow. In order for a device to do it's job it may need to be this particular size...but no smaller.

Well hello Tom.

I tried to send you an email... but it bounced. Did you forget to pay your ISP or something?

Anyhow, DdRT is nice... you can even go "barefoot" sometimes... and use nothing but rope- No biners, no fancy do-dads. In fact, doing so sure beats dragging all kinds of metal junk around from time to time.

Glad you didn't mind us using your picture to plug the new TH shirts. I was going to set it as my avatar on TB as well, but I see my account keeps disappearing over there. Odd.

NET,

Try again...no one else has had a problem emailing me. who knows which email you might be using though. My usual email works 100%.

No one else has had a TB account disappear.

Back