My shop

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just be prepared to gut the place. Electrical and plumbing will need to be replace more than likely. Insulation will likely be some scary shit like layers of glued on news paper and just crumpled news paper.
My parents office was build in the 1840's. We have the original land purchase agreement and it was issued form the Fed because WI wasn't a state yet.

Old houses are lots of work, but they have tons of character. A friend of mine's place was built in 1790. I have a fair amount of time redoing some of the foundation, and painting the outside.

I did my house down to the studs, doing that once is enough for me. 3 times the work to fix other people's frig ups, but it's still just a polished turd because it wasn't done right the first time. No thank you, I'll spend less money and do it right from the start the next time.

Wow, picture of your folks office would be incredible to see, and the house on your new property.

Yeah, for sure, take the old house down to the studs, rewire and restore! Constantly looking on Realtor.com and Zillow 😊

I gotta grab some pics.

I have the electrician coming out today to have a look and come up with a plan for my power needs.

Kick ass shop! Congrats. Up in these parts 200amp service is pretty standard now for a house or a shop.

Yes 200amp is standard but the power coming into the property is old school and would be costly to up grade. It would be a 350' run and they only cover 115' at install.

Thanks!

Back