My new to me Husqvarna

I have never painted a chainsaw. BUT damn that silver is ugly and I am thinking of a can of vaspor orange for that clutch cover. Then it will be a REAL husky ;):D:lol:

Not trying to fool anybody, and they could test cut with it. Some people like to touch up their cars before selling them. They are just machines, too.

Stig, would you like to invest in a nice bridge? Its in Brooklyn. :D

Nah, I only buy one owner bridges.
That one has been sold quite a few times I believe:D

I myself could care less what my saws look like while they are in my fleet. My plastics fade, my mufflers rust. I keep up on the maintenance that matters when it comes to reliability and longevity on the job. However, I do think its a wse idea if one wants to sell a used saw for top dollar to freshen up those colors as mentioned. I might rib you for it, but deep down, I see the logic.

I've seen guys use bondo, JB weld to patch saws up then lay paint on heavy and real pretty and then clear coat them so they are nice and shiney for the resale market. Pretty sad some unknowing schmo buys it to usually on ebay.

I simply trade mine in for new ones.
Get between $1-200 for them by the dealer.
But then I don't run them really ragged, they still have a lot of hours in them for a weekend firewood cutter.

For me $100 $200 trade in, I would keep the saws for parts. But that is just me and needing parts for others saws all the time or during a rebuild.

I just don't think that painting a chainsaw is necessary. The honesty of it showing what it has been through has more appeal to me. Cleaning and buffing it up is nice.

Just the way I like them to look, used . My 2171. That started as a crankcase, top end, carb, muffler.
Bought used tank, top handle, cylinder and carb cover, clutch cover, recoil cover and other odds and ends to finish up project.

jonsered2171004.jpg

jonsered2171005.jpg

jonsered2171010.jpg

A saw can sure look a lot better with just a good clean up, especially the ones that have never been cleaned. "Rice farmer specials", I like to call them. :|:

Why don't you port that 2171 and sell me it? For cheap.

I dont port for others and I have even quit porting saws altogether for myself, as I have lost interest in it. I just dont get the gains Timberwolf, Dan Henry get. In other words I suk at it and dont have the patience to find the gains they got.

oh and nothing is cheap anymore.......................

For the record, I'm wasn't asking with the intention of scamming anybody, nor was taking anything as a personal attack. When I was asking for selling advice for my 064, I wasn't offering it for sale online, as I think a person would be better to have it in their hands, and in the wood, especially since it needs a little fine tuning. BTW, I'm holding on to it, and will do some tinkering with it, based on advice received. Haven't had the time, yet.

Hope I didn't come across like I was accusing you of that.

I was just frigging around and trying to jerk your chain.

Here is a 2171 woods ported by DozerDan Dan Henry.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vQDF-6BB3lE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, Stig. As I mentioned, no personal attack perceived. No worries.

Brendon, you touch up your saws? Know your affinity for clean and waxed things, and all.

Back