My new to me Husqvarna

Dh1984

TreeHouser
here's my newest saw i traded for. it's a husqvarna but i don't know what size i know it's not too big of a saw. but at least it runs with a little clean up and it runs pretty darn good too for what i traded for it.If anyine has any ideals what it please tell me. i think it is a 44 husqvarna but not really sure yet.i still have to get a top cover and bar and chain and it should be ready to cut wood again.and after i get more money i'll get a other clutch cover for it because the one that is on it now is cranked.

Husqvarna 44 001.jpg
Husqvarna 44 002.jpg
Husqvarna 44 003.jpg
Husqvarna 44 004.jpg
Husqvarna 44 005.jpg

It's a 44. I have one, just don't use it. opened up the muffler, made it scream!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok Thanks for telling me what it is. i traded a little homelite xl auto trim saw for it.and only thing i had to do is clean the carb and clean it up a bit. and then it was ready to go.i was going to take the muffler screen out of it but when i tookt he muffler off it didn't have one.so i put it back on and opened it a little and then went on the look for a bar and chain.and monday i'll go and pick up the top cover from the guy i traded with.

LOL thanks this is my first husqvarna and i really don't nothing about these kind of saws yet.but i'm soon to find out :lol:

This is a 1979 model. Not the Practica version so it should have orange top cover instead of white.
They were made '79 and '84. Sold as long as they had any...
It replaced the 40Praktica.

This and the 444 was last saws made in the 140 series saws.

No luck on a top cover from Ebay or the like? Shame; those were a good saw.

yea i looked all over and couldn't find one. eveyone i talked to at the dealer and over the phone told me that it was a white top. but i would settle for a orange top if i could have found one. thats if i was keeping it to use.But it's Up for grabs on E-bay right now it's got 6 days and some odd hours left.

Just a thought; it'd probably sell for a lot more WITH a top cover and a bar. ;)

Just a thought; it'd probably sell for a lot more WITH a top cover and a bar. ;)

well i'll see if i can get the top cover and then put it on it. and then i'll find a new bar and chain and see what i can get out of it.

Look at the tag on it and if it say Practika it should have white top cover, No Practica, orange or grey cover.
It has the low air filter so it should not be a raised cover on it that have the extra room for large filter.

And dude... Don't run saws without top cover..
They get no cooling and damages from the heat!

Look at the tag on it and if it say Practika it should have white top cover, No Practica, orange or grey cover.
It has the low air filter so it should not be a raised cover on it that have the extra room for large filter.

And dude... Don't run saws without top cover..
They get no cooling and damages from the heat!

I looked on the tag and it don't say practica so i think it had the orange or the gray top.and thanks for helping me.I'm bidding on that top you showed me last night so hope fully i'll win it and then i'll have a top for it.

here is the saw i traded for a week ago. i havn't found a top cover yet.but i decided to sell it on e-bay instead

Tell me what you all think

I looked on ebay and it's not there. :what::|:

yea i took it off and was going to get a bar and chain and a top for it then put it back on there.

Here is the 44 ready to cut that I passed up local for $75

44a.jpg 44.jpg

DH1984. You may not need a larger saw NOW. If you get it running well and you think it is a good saw, just do the few things that are necessary to be able to keep a saw in good condition without running it for a long time. Probably be glad at some point that you kept it.

Back