Mounting backpack blower on chipper

arborworks1

Treehouser
I have a spot on the woodsman that I can fit the blower on a rack. I'm thinking the vibrations might damage the blower after some time. Thoughts?

Mines been on there for years. I made up a nice little bracket. Lemme see if I can find a picture.

Attachments

• blower rack 001.JPG
    blower rack 001.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 25
Vibrations from? Driving down the road or running the chipper? I wouldnt think it would be a problem, Id do it.

I used to wonder about something like that seeing amps mounted on a subwoofer. I never liked the idea.

I'm not talking about the bracket I made, not sure if that's what you mean.

The right side of the blower is spring mounted to the "backpack" (left side). You can actually wobble the whole right side and see the anti vibe system.

The only thing I noticed of having it mounted there is that it faded, from the sun and elements. Oh, don't blow yourself off with the blower after it rained being stored like that. You'll get a face full of water. :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought a cover from we chapps years ago. And I had forgotten about the springs on the engine mounts.

Check those covers out, I bought the heat cover.

I carry mine in the infeed chute of the chipper although I have to take apart the hose to fit it in, but a twist and a pull and it's off .

I know that it happens.

I always drop the tray before engaging the clutch, even though we don't store stuff in there. With my personal chuck and duck, I double check that nothing is up against the blades from the last job which would impede starting the drum spinning.

I know that it happens.

I always drop the tray before engaging the clutch, even though we don't store stuff in there. With my personal chuck and duck, I double check that nothing is up against the blades from the last job which would impede starting the drum spinning.

If it does happen I have a great excuse to buy a br600.

I have a buddy who had his gear bag with climbing gear, saddle, ropes, biners, ascenders......everything, stored inside the feed table. They had just finished a job and got all loaded up. He went into the backyard to square up with the client, His co-workers had forgotten a small brush pile around the corner and decided they had better take care of it while he was squaring up with the client. Yup, they started it up with the feed door closed, engaged the clutch, and cranked the throttle.
My buddy said he heard it start up and didnt think anything of it, until it made the godawful noise of eating his gear bag......he knew immediately when he heard the sound from the backyard his gear was toast, and it was.

Nothing like sending a grand worth of climbing gear through the chipper in 3 seconds

Erm?

I was serious.

I'm saying I bet nobody else has ever chipped their kit, ever before. THAT was a first.

Crikey, I'm growing weary of explaining my posts...

If it does happen I have a great excuse to buy a br600.

I got a br600 today. It's sweet. I have one so you need one now. That's a good excuse right? :)

I put my gear bag in the chute from time to time but we store cones in there and always drop the gate and put the pins to hold the chute down before it gets fired up. I know that sounds kinda safety nazi but I've seen big the chute on bigger chippers get pulled up and wack somebody pretty good.

Butch it could always be worse. You could have to explain the everyone else's posts too. :D

Back