Motorcycling.

Any particular reason that girl was riding such pig sized bikes off road? Reminded me of early 60's footage where guys were scrambling with Harleys offload. Speaking of pig bike equals any air time on a KLR650, its like riding a walrus.

I'm eagerly awaiting the beginning of the season here. I upgraded over the winter from my cbr f4i to a 08 fz1. Super stoked to get out. Still rippin the wr400 for off road action.

The boy has taken to the bike...

I can't explain how happy and proud it's made me.. to the point of self reflection like is this for me or him?... But he loves it!

We've been poaching the park during the shutdown. Only one person called the police on us for "breaking thr grass"... the copped laughed and asked us to leave... so we went to the other side of the park..

My buddy's kid is same age and rides... we're gonna get together "distanced' and ride a couple city lot spots...

20200322_174711.jpg

My 2 favourite mountain passes in Schweiz: Grimsel and Furka.
I mostly drive them the opposite way they show them here.
No idea how many times I've been through, but I'd say some 10 times on motorcycle and more or less the same in cars.
There is a wonderful little hotel almost at the top of Furka, I've stayed there enough that the owner greets me with a " Nice to see you again"!

I'm just resurrecting my 86 Honda CR125 and encountered something new to me. Many years ago I did clutch plates and perused the water pump. I figured I saw a bit of cavitation damage, not too bad, and forgot about it. Fast forward 20 years and bike stops holding coolant. Turns out the clutch side cover, which has the water pump, is made of magnesium, not aluminum. Two model years later they apparently reverted to aluminum. Why? Because the cover ate itself, corroding. Apparently its the lowest guy on the totem pole and gets sacrificed.

So the fix is clean and JB weld the missing metal.

Anyone else encounter something like this?

By the way, buzzing up an mx 125 and perking up the neighbours briefly - priceless. Score 1 hooligan point.

It looked like a KLR stock Dunlop rear that he put on. Dual sport tire. Anyone confirm? I think the concept of doing big miles with no troubles on your mind is a thing to achieve, if you can. Years ago I did Toronto to Vancouver Island and back on my KLR. That's a faded memory these days. The shots of gravel roadway remind me of the back route through the Rockies before it was paved. Or guard railed. Clench, concentrate....

KLR's are great bikes for the money, IMO.

I've owned two of them, a 2001 that I traded in for a 2004.

Just sold the 2004 KLR earlier this year and moved up to a cruiser bike, 2008 Yamaha "Royal Star Tour Deluxe".

Last Bike:

. IMG_0521.JPG .

And New (to me) Bike:

Not-Jeff.jpg

This is exactly the same as my bike but this one is not mine, I don't have any pic's of mine yet.
The difference is I still have the stock grips. I've upgraded the original seat for an "Ultra Seat" with a drivers back-rest and mine came with aftermarket pipes.

Other than that, it looks just like the picture above.

If you've got determination you can trail ride a KLR through the woods. Just remember your mirrors stick out and you've got no bark busters and it can pin you pretty good if you go down. Tight trails 1st 2nd, more open trails ride the rev range in 2nd with a bit of clutch work. You don't want to get that slab of metal going any faster than 2nd if you value your body. I've certainly enjoyed my KLR. I've done touring on it too.

Was out with my son a few years ago and came across a gaggle of used (not brand new) fuel injected 450 riders resting at a hill top. Son was on a KDX80. Definitely expanded their perception. The only thing more unusual is a DT200. If you've ever ridden one it's like a slightly overweight sewing machine.

thought some of you bikers might be interested in this, camera is on a racer on a 1000cc bike so he has a LOT of power on me as is obvious. I show up on my KX450 that has been converted for the track, light and nimble but no power. I show up with the black air vest at 3 minutes.

Short story.
Seth just turned 18. Right before he did, he went out and bought a motorcycle. Since he had left home, no need to pay attention to our rules. Or advise. No DL yet either. Kept putting it off. Among other things.
He has been taking the back roads so as not to get caught. Came to visit his mom at dusk and hit a deer on his way home. Thankfully he was going slow and escaped with out injury and with his bike in one piece.
He sold his bike. Now he is buying a 97 F350 crew cab with a 7.3.
Guess he now feels more metal is better :D

For me the track is where I go to be free. Most folks there are polite and respectful even though from very diverse backgrounds. Redneck to inner city black gangsters, artists, pilots mechanics and every other job, bible thumpers too. All kept straight by their need for speed. I feel like I can forget everything and just go

Back