more mini notches

Maybe it is because i am new, but why do you need a skidsteer to pull over a small spar? is i the fact that the fulcrum is to far forward due to an undersized notch and overly thick hinge trying to make up for lack of width?

proper notch >> normal backcut >> one tap with wedge >> falling tree ....

right?

Thanks Brian I wasn't sure... I wouldn't mind being murphys grounded for a day.. spend more time holding a video cam than a rake ill bet...

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

None of us really understand it either Nick, some people can reinvent the wheel and never get recognition until years later. Others try to reinvent the wheel, with no real reason or purpose, but expect instant gratitude.

Got a message from Murphy; it seems he can't post, or is having a hard time posting, and asked me to relay that info along.

Nick,
Something to understand about Murphy is that he's been developing his techniques for 20 years, but only recently poorly learned to use a wedge. Why use a 4 oz. wedge when you can haul a skid steer around? Hard to charge people a lot for doing something simple when you make it look as simple as it is.

Have you seen his thread on breaking the TrueBlue?

"It was 1/2" true blue... never had a problem with it before...Defintely should have taken the cut in two, and I was still surprised...

Large oak limb.. one thing is I was using a big shackle insteard of the rigging block...I was planning on dumping the top and figures I save a trip back up there to untie the block and sling, by using a big shckle, which I didn;t mind bombing with the top... The bell on that shackle is at least 1.5"... So that created quite a bit more bend in the line.. Looks like it broke at the shackle...

Also I was using a near balance point tie off with the piece leaning away from the shackle, and was expeting it to swing the piece to the side as it moved through its arc... That could have created a leveraged situation.. Seems like the piece was still on the hinge when the rope failed. There was some talk about that possible force multiplier effect in the near balance point riggin thread... Piece might have weighed 700-800... just a guess...

Groundie reminded me this morning that he called me greedy, and I assured him "it'll be alright"... If he had just said, .."take that in two", I might have as I usually listen to him. Fine line there though in teamwork and communication.

Took out the service lines and Fios lines.. Managed to get the service lines back up... Got some video of the tree, but ran out of tape.. Customer recorded the cut at my request on her phone.. I thougt it would look cool. gotta watch those expectations..

Rope was getting kind of old too... some glazing.. no nicks though.. I should probably switch out lowering lines more often... Many lessons learned... "

He told the customer to record it. Kind of like the Zodiac killer, giving an announcement before the deed. :/:

He told the customer to record it. Kind of like the Zodiac killer, giving an announcement before the deed. :/:

I dont like homeowners recording me at all. Even when they use thier own phones. If i record it is different, if something goes wrong i can delete the footage, if they record it they already have all the evidence they need to come after me...

What if one of those enormous spars had rolled up that crazy steep incline and into that house? Then what would he have done?

And to go off topic, he is lucky that rope broke when it did and not when he was using the famous skidsteer to pull one of his crazy stunts with some stupid backleaner over a creek or something.

Have you seen his thread on breaking the TrueBlue?

"It was 1/2" true blue... never had a problem with it before...Defintely should have taken the cut in two, and I was still surprised...

Large oak limb.. one thing is I was using a big shackle insteard of the rigging block...I was planning on dumping the top and figures I save a trip back up there to untie the block and sling, by using a big shckle, which I didn;t mind bombing with the top... The bell on that shackle is at least 1.5"... So that created quite a bit more bend in the line.. Looks like it broke at the shackle...

Also I was using a near balance point tie off with the piece leaning away from the shackle, and was expeting it to swing the piece to the side as it moved through its arc... That could have created a leveraged situation.. Seems like the piece was still on the hinge when the rope failed. There was some talk about that possible force multiplier effect in the near balance point riggin thread... Piece might have weighed 700-800... just a guess...

Groundie reminded me this morning that he called me greedy, and I assured him "it'll be alright"... If he had just said, .."take that in two", I might have as I usually listen to him. Fine line there though in teamwork and communication.

Took out the service lines and Fios lines.. Managed to get the service lines back up... Got some video of the tree, but ran out of tape.. Customer recorded the cut at my request on her phone.. I thougt it would look cool. gotta watch those expectations..

Rope was getting kind of old too... some glazing.. no nicks though.. I should probably switch out lowering lines more often... Many lessons learned... "

When did this happen??? Recently??? Is it on one of his professional training video's:lol::lol:

Back