Morbark Blizzard 14

specs are about the same as my model13. great machine, plenty of power, big infeed chute, easy maintenance although you need the 500 dollar torque wrench to change the knives

Bad marketing-who wants to work around a blizzard? They should rename it the "Ice Storm" so Jeff will buy one.

specs are about the same as my model13. great machine, plenty of power, big infeed chute, easy maintenance although you need the 500 dollar torque wrench to change the knives

I have the model 13 tornado, what do you mean you need the 500 dollar torque wrench? I really have never had a problem either, just had to retap a thread once. I understand using a torque wrench is always a better option, but why is it a must have in this application?

dealer keeps a drum in stock at all times because most people dont get the bolts torqued down enough (375 ft/lb i think) and lose a knife taking out the drum

My old tree service decided to be cheap and not get the $500 torque wrench. It was a very costly mistake.

It happened while I was using it unfortunately. It was chipping fine and then it started rattling hard to the point where the tires were bouncing off the ground. It ate its own blade which wrecked the drum, the drum's axle and the bracket holding the axle. We found little pieces of chipped up blades in with the chips.

I thought it would be a good test of my employers. If they got mad at me I was going to find work elsewhere. To their credit I was not blamed, except for in jest.

I use the $49 Wally World torque wrench. Never had a problem with blades coming loose. It cranks up to 300 ft/lbs, so I torque till it clicks, then just give another little nudge.

I had a throw thru drum chipper detonate one day. The anvil came up and hit the knives. It threw the floor of the chipper halfway thru a V8 engine. Oil and antifreeze everywhere in the customers blacktop driveway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, but did you ever get that Woodsman?

No I hesitated and rborist1 scooped it up. He should be picking it up shortly. I'm still humming and hawing and just recieved a really good offer for a new blizzard 14. I think I might by the $500 torque wrench :O

Craig? He supposedly got too busy to post. And if I remember right, he still has that logging tape.

Ya'll remember that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He quit posting about the same time his wife got pregnant. Now he has a brand new shiny baby boy to worry about.

He quit posting about the same time his wife got pregnant. Now he has a brand new shiny baby boy to worry about.

2.25 months till we are due to have another person in our house, I am not planning on leaving here. guess I will have to see what happens eh? :D

Back