Madrone - Crane - Removal

RegC

TreeHouser
Following on from the ‘Day in the life’ video I did last year.

Then it was just blasting down a bunch of firs. This time we crane out a large Arbutus madrone from a back yard. 160T crane and a great tree company to work with . Had camera trouble part way through, so some stuff is missing....but I had another camera up and running within not too much time. 20 mins or so to watch the whole thing....but some good footage regardless.

Its actually not playing for me here, dont know why. Let me know if you can view.

Thanks

Edit: contains course language. Sorry if that offends.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BoB93Ajx388" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet job man. That's a crazy huge crane and long looking pics. Thanks for posting that I am mostly east of you and a little north but it's the same here crane work is few and far between.

That's a nice looking chair back along the side of your table or desk there. Appears comfortable as well. Brits often have a good sense about furniture, or your wife. Oh yeah, nice vid too.

Nice, Reg! You know, as much as I enjoy watching you do tree work, I am more impressed with your ability to just be yourself in front of the camera. I know you put a lot of thought and effort into these and I just want to let you know how much I appreciate you doing so.

Well, that was awesome. In the beginning when you were walking around the yard, the diesel sounds of the approaching crane sorta seemed to be coming from you , that was cool. The music was awesome, and blended together with the contrail and the tree work at 11.20, that quite simply, was art.

Nice job rigging the butt. When you were doing the pre job walk around, I was wondering how you would get that leaning piece out of there given the close proximity of the building.

Too bad you didn't get any footage of the spirited crane op. Who is your camera op, great job!

Can you tell us the song and musician, good stuff.

Just a lot of fun to watch on Friday night, thanks Reggie!! Very much appreciated.

I too am very appreciative of your videos and your willingness to share your depth of experience. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks a lot guys. Glad it was watchable.

Cory, Eliot did the camera work on the ground when he could, in between dashing out front to deal with all the stuff being craned out to the front. Song was by cold play....can't remember the song title but the album is parachutes. Its an old one.

My pleasure Dave. Being yourself in front of a camera is easy enough, because you're just being you. Pretending would be much harder I'd imagine. I dont really go for the special FX style editing, not my thing....and I know that most tree workers arent fooled so easily, so I try to keep it real. I use the most basic editing software for that reason, the down side of that is its painfully slow to load, cut, merge and save. Probably took me 4 -5 hours total to put that together this last couple of days. I personnaly like Roger Barnett's style of editing above others that are out there. He sets the scene and explains the methodology very well. Same as Jerry's 'helmet cam views' dvd from a few years back :thumbup:

Too bad the tree had to go. It was quite awesome!

I was hoping to see how you handled the stump cut/removal. :(

Heck of a crane, and as you mentioned, Reg, nice touch on the controls. No doubt that he appreciates your fine skills up in the tree as well, makes his day easier.

Back