Lots of stuff for sale!

Thanks Biggun, I really want to try the Runner, I've got a Bulldog, but the Runner and the HH2 are my next priorities. Thanks, again.

Dave6390 in WI

Hi neckbeard, I'm just curious what gear do you still have for sale, or anything left at all?
Thanks in advance,
Dave6390 in WI

Dave6390 in WI

Hey Biggun, I have a quick question about the Runners, the concept that I've come across is that every version is a different color? Is that the case? I'm assuming the Blue is the newest version of the Runner? I suppose I could've asked Kevin, but I'm sure he's too busy inventing new and exciting climbing and rigging devices. 😇

Dave6390 in WI

Hi Dave, I think in essentially you are correct. Each production run has a different colour afaik.

I didn't like the Gold runner, although have climbed on older ones and really liked the concept. I have been on a BDB for 8 months now and it is holding up well. For some reason the gold one just didn't suit me, so I got a new 'Blue' one.

We will have to see how that goes, I am not going to give up on it.

Thanks Rich, I just picked up a gold one from a fellow TreeHouser and I'm waiting for delivery, but I agree the BDB (after working out the kinks) is really nice to use. I guess I'll just have to go through the learning curve all over again with the Runner! If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? And, do you think that had anything to do with the functionality of the Runner? Thanks again.
Dave

I am 87Kilo in my undercrackers mate.

Not sure what that works out to in your money... plus a few kilos for cutting trousers and harness, boots etc. Then the weight of a chainsaw...

The weight may have had some effect but It didn't on my the two older versions my friends had I climbed on.

For me it was all in the spring on the bird... Friends of mine who are a lot lighter got on well with my gold runner. I will see how the blue one performs. If i still cannot get on with it I will sell it and get another BDB.

Also.......at the Sacto SRT class I just attended every reference to a new Rope Runner that was "acting up" that I heard had a success story after a "break in " period.

I hear you, I'm 175lbs in my skivvies, I'll check the conversion from kilos to pounds. I read a post in one of the TH forums that stated there was an issue with the gold bird spring not being strong enough, but it's bound to happen, nothing is failsafe or perfect. There may be a fair amount of variables that apply to all ascension/descension devices. Take Care and hope to chat again, soon.
Respectfully; Dave R

Back