Loop Runners

Yup! Keep two on the saddle every climb ... don't even know their there. I've had family visiting and mechanical trouble with the skid steer so I've only used them a few times. They are better. I've got some extra ... trying to figure some other uses for the stuff ... maybe my climb system tethers ... IDK

:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goof stuff. I am trying to convert some of the guys on the Buzz... I used some of your pictures (with credit) since I couldnt get mine to load.

Goof stuff. I am trying to convert some of the guys on the Buzz... I used some of your pictures (with credit) since I couldnt get mine to load.

"Goof stuff" :? ... I guess the 'f' is close to the 'd' on the keyboard. :|: :|: :lol:

I mostly just argue over there... this is much more my kind of place.

I tried to register with bonner1040 over there three times, no luck so I used my business number...

Jack, I meant good... sorry
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I mostly just argue over there... this is much more my kind of place.

I tried to register with bonner1040 over there three times, no luck so I used my business number...

Jack, I meant good... sorry

Yeah, I know ... made me smile, no worries. ;) You're right about them arguing. I tell ya, Murph can REALLY get 'em stirred up, over there. :lol:

I kind of troll over there... I interject more to prove some of the more fanatical guys wrong then to actually contribute... although I do post a bit about worthwhile things every now and then

I find I have such fun at work and always seem to have satisfied customers ( generally but some you can never please ). Tree work can be made very simple and smooth. I am starting to simplify things again. I am not one to follow every trend, but the last year I have found myself trying to get too technical ( SRT stuff mainly which can be useful occasionally ). Simple for me is fast and smooth ( DdRT ), whereas too much gear and things start to slow down for me. I like old school climbing and rigging. I really don't need to much fancy gear ( except a nice comfy saddle ) to get my work done and I am no slouch by any means.

Jack, how are the Maxim 5mm loop runners holding up? Like most cordage things I make, mine have all been cannibalized for this or that.

I had a carabiner break (open gate) when a one of the slings got stuck under the tractor tire with biner on the bucket! Amazing that the biner broke before the shoe lace cordage!

I broke another one when I girthed a pile of LARGE logs really loosely (read: with the loop very high up on the standing side) during transport the girthed bend slid down the standing line pretty fast and skinned the sheath right off.

The scraps make great dog toys though, I tie them in little knots and my Golden Retriever unties them!

Jack, how are the Maxim 5mm loop runners holding up? ...

Still using them as needed - working good. I did show one in a vid a few weeks ago:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UDmy_x_YlPk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice I missed that one. Perfect example of using a speedline.

I use my figure 8 differently. Do you just configure it like that so you dont have to remove it from the sling. In rock climbing we would just stick the bight through and then flip it into the gate of the biner. it doesnt need to go round the throat of the fig8 as in conventional use, the bend around the biner is sufficient friction.

They way you have it set up is far from the normal way though but it looks like it works fine!

Yeah, it did get the job done. But, I wasn't all that happy with it either. That's why the note about "refinements are planned" in the vid description. I've got a better system now ... doesn't use any hardware at all. Next time I have a speedline job, I'll post a vid of that.

I do remember seeing those runners in that vid Jack, nice set up.

I love runners, they have been with me since I've started climbing, can't relate to you there GB, but thanks anyhow.

That 5mm cord is great for so many applications, thanks Nick.

Ger,
Is that manila rope you're climbing on in the video?
What year was that? We switched to synthetic in about 1985 or so...

Skwerl,
What type of double-braid rope did you use for the 5/8" slings? We need something for bigger wood.

What maximum piece weight / length of drop would you all use the Maxim cord runners on?

Back