Rope Runner Pro

Hey I thought I was the only one still using UltraTech. I think I actually prefer it to BeeLine, but they’re pretty close to the same thing. Wonderful cord in my humble opinion, I should get some new ones, mine are pretty old. The durability is incredible.

Too late! I have already done my first work job using the RRP...first time up the rope was to get into a maple to limbwalk to take limbs off the gutter encroachment. It worked a treat. Only problem was getting the chest biner unlatched once I reached working height. I did bounce test it several times and went up about 5 feet and descended a few times to be sure I could actually get back down.

Years back when I switched from a Distel (?) to an eye-eye knut (?) I used two hitches at the same time ....kinda what I think Kevin is suggesting. Top hitch was primary and black was the test hitch. Kevin has to be careful that he will have a lot of people with varying degrees of skill and common sense using his product. Suggesting two ropes is probably partly CYA, I suspect.

Here is how I did it then...as I learned to trust my new setup...I was also testing some hitch cord that was not specifically designed for tree work.

View attachment 102166
what is all this?

i climb SRT a good bit. however, i find approaching trees with two ropes gives a lot of options. especially wide spreading trees. it makes for better work positioning and can be beneficial in getting out to the tips.

The last job I did where I used your RRP for the first time...I also used a second rope DDRT to get over to another limb and out on it to piece it out and away from the house. You are right...it was a wide spreading maple I was working in.

It wasn't because I didn't trust the RRP...it was for work positioning....got the outer work done and returned to my original limb to finish that work.

I do that all the time. Two ropes, both able to be used srt or ddrt. One is shorter to ease a little the rope management issues (tangling in every way possible). Both access and travel/work are made by alternating, either srt or ddrt, mixed as needed along the tree configuration. It can change from one limb to the next, very versatile. My 16.6' telescopic pole is wonderful to implement that.
I can add one of my slings as a lanyard for cutting in the tricky spots.
A third rope ready to run, srt /ddrt too, is available for some beast of a tree. But I use that rarely because the rope management turns to a nightmare.

Did anyone else get one of these in the mail? Mine didn't have the loctite on the bolts so I've already fixed them myself. I guess I can put these on now that it's adjusted and keep my originals as spares.

Attachments

• 20200831_171602.jpg
    20200831_171602.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200831_171608.jpg
    20200831_171608.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
Quick question to anyone running the RRPro.

One thing I have noticed, the RRP is recently the bird is slacking a bit. Sometimes it doesn’t bite and engage. Could be a bit disconcerting if you were not expecting it. I have been running the top bollard fully open and the weather has been pretty cold. Minus 14 c this morning on the way to work.

I did tighten the bollard today and it worked better but not as smooth in descent.

Who knows? It might just need a wash or the spring had gone or just the cold weather effecting it.

Anyone else having any issues, or have my ideas?

Thanks Kevin.

That’s what is great about the TH. you ask a question about a device you use daily and the bloody inventor of the devise answers your question in minutes.

Where abouts should said oil be put?

I did think it could have just been a bit of gunk in there.

Back