Looking for a Mini Skid Steer

Separate drive controls are nice, but separate bucket functions suck big time.

X100! Hopefully they do it for the older models too. Speaking of Boxer, the suckers are running about a month out on some parts I ordered:X Didn't get in on time to call them today again

The MT52 has 2 sticks, one for turn and direction and the other joystick runs all bucket functions.

Yeah, forgot about that one. Neither it nor the Vermeer were difficult to run in that regard although you couldn't counter-rotate the tracks on either.

The aux hydro controls on the Vermeer weren't easy to get at althoughI liked the padded operator station and the high controls.

Carl, I used mine to load the logs to big for the chipper tuday, it spins (counter rotates). On cement anyway!

The hydro controls on the Vermeer are done with mechanical linkage, it's the only thing I don't like about it. It just seems like they skimped on it. Vermeer does have the newer s800, I'm not sure if they changed the hydro controls on that one or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went and looked at a boxer (Powerhorse Prowler) mini skid steer today. It has 400 hours, it is in pretty good condition. It comes with a bucket, tooth bar, and forks. He was asking $7000, but he is going to give it to me for $6000.

I really wanted to buy a dump truck before a mini because i would have to buy a trailer if i bought the mini. But i was talking to the guy and he said that he had a little bri-mar 5x8 dump trailer he would throw in for another $1k. So we went over and looked at the trailer where he had it stored at and the trailer is about brand new.

So instead of a dump truck i think im going to buy the mini and a dump trailer and when money allows i will get a dump.

One step at a time, awesome Nick.

I bought my mini before I even had a truck for work. It went, mini, then truck, small chipper, then big chipper, dump trailer, then log trailer. Evolution baby.

You won't be doing much with a 5x8 trailer, but it sounds like a good deal on the mini and a fair price on the trailer.

Good deal!

Do the tracks extend/retract?

Yea the trailer wont hold a ton but for $1000 bucks you cant beat it, and for now it will do just fine.

That's a steal on the trailer! I was looking for something about that size a while back, $4k or more new, $3k used! It's just about right for a 1/2 ton pickup. Carl is right, it's not huge, but you can put sides on it and stack brush higher if needed.
Congrats!
I'll start saving my pennies for when you want to sell that trailer :lol:

If nothing else, the trailer is good for moving the mini if you don't have a truck that can haul it on the bed.

What do you have for a truck, Nick?

Yea i currently dont have a trailer so i need something to carry the mini around.

I have a 2001 F-250...gasser.

little nick,
sounds like real good pricing, the trailer also
Those ramrod shots are of a Model 750 I believe 16HP, morfidite Mt plate, dinky but better than your back

The Vermeer 800 is a monster weighing ~ 3500#, costing about ~$26~28K
for that kind of coin buy the gehl 140 articulating loader -- much more bang for your buck

Well its time for a bigger space!:(

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 16
"Well its time for a bigger space!"

What do you mean?
that looks like an early Boxer 320 is it less than 36" wide?

here are some more pictures of it, i dont think it is less than 36" wide.

Attachments

• photo0380.jpg
    photo0380.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12
  • photo0377.jpg
    photo0377.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 12
Im not too sure, i will have to measure, but i think the stats online said its 39".

Thanks willie!!

It looks like the tracks are retractable in those pictures, but he said they weren't?

Nice buy, none the less!

Heres your future trailer

Im going to paint it and do some other things to it.

It also needs a new battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 11
Back