Looking for a ropetek wraptor

There's home-brew with a Dewalt and a rollgliss, or the odd box-like electric unit that inhales the rope automatically, can't remember the name. Home-brew would set you back about $4-500 plus some effort less $ if you already have a drill. In case you can't get a wraptor. :)

Have to ask Paul if he might start making them again. Even a limited run, they would sell out in weeks.
... pretty sure the limiting factor is unavailable model of the Tanaka now , he'd have to redesign everything for a different motor (at least I think that's the story , Gregg Good similar thing on the Harken)

... pretty sure the limiting factor is unavailable model of the Tanaka now , he'd have to redesign everything for a different motor (at least I think that's the story , Gregg Good similar thing on the Harken)
Gregg Good is the single largest consumer of Harken winches and Harken made a winch just for him and the GRCS. Or so I was told by his sailing buddies.

See why people are leaving this place?

Not even a friggin' Wraptor thread can be kept free of stupid politics.

Way back when the wraptor was new it was $3k Can. roughly and I just found the name for the electric - Ronin- and just the battery is $450 Can. ! No listing for either power ascender on Universal Field Supplies. Not sure why.

Was that the first model which I think had a GriGri handle to descend vs the new ones which can reverse the motor to descend? Or do the new ones still have the descent handle AND can motor reverse? I've never seen a real unit.

This is a fascinating story! I was literally on the edge of my seat! My lunch break is over and I need to go back to work. I am only half way through. Looking forward to hearing the end later.

Back