LONGBOY

I'm not a treeman per say but I do have both a power pruner and a pole saw.Both are 12 foot.They do save me a lot of work.Standing in a pick-em-up bed you can reach up quite a ways.For some reason though I tend to jamb the danged power pruner more often than I care to.

I've never used the core filled, but I've also heard that the hollow ones have less flex. The smaller diameter of the core filled would explain that.

Jameson core filled is slightly FATTER than the Jameson hollow. Measured it myself with a "highly accurate crescent wrench caliper." As for weight, my bathroom scale, the one that doesn't give the same weight twice, says that they are "about the same." I'd say within 6oz one way or the other.
Not scientific, but enough to discourage anyone (Willie) from spreading dirty rotten lies about my lovely poles. :D

TS

PS I will admit that they FEEL different, maybe smoother, which might explain the felt difference.

Hey where can I find one of those cresent wrench thingymabobs? :P
See Ya
Mike

ok foam is slightly narrower, and looks like slightly less flexable. the darker pole is the foam filled

also looks like the foam is heavier. my scale wouldnt read that little weight so i had to jump on with each pole. they both have loppers on them. the foam is a few inches longer but shouldnt make that kind of weight difference

Looks can be deceiving. I'm telling you, measure it with a caliper, it's a hair wider. I see that we're both on the same level of flowerpot high tech. :lol:

TS

Willie, from the pix you posted it looks like yu have the Wrapped foam filled Jameson poles

They have been discontinued and have been for several years.

The foam filled jamison poles today are the same diameter as any other pole, just stiffer and a hair heavier.
Better pole IMO

Mike ,He just means an allsixteenths wrench.-Poor Easterners don't know the right names for stuff.

Gimme two lengths of fiberglass, thank you very much!

^^That's what I've been using for quite some time and I was considering trading up for a Silky.

I only need a saw that's 12' in length.

So honestly, since I'm sure we've all used the Fred Marvin / fiberglass pole set-up, how does it compare to the Silky?

The price of the old-skool Marvins are very attractive- and so are the blades..
But at $50 a pop for Silky! ? !

Is it really worth it???

Everybody eventually buys at least one Silky or ARS aluminum pole saw. I got mine 5 years ago at the EXPO in Baltimore. It's still in the shed (plastic locking clips are broke), but I use the Jameson poles with a Marvin hooktip blade on a standard polesaw head. The ARS blades are over $70 and just not worth it.

My old employer was so primative when it came to the fancy schmancy rigging tools and such. But you know what, he was for the most part,, right.

Thanks for saving me the cashola. With all the hype and me with my orange sticks, I was starting to feel like I was the fossil..

Everybody eventually buys at least one Silky or ARS aluminum pole saw. I got mine 5 years ago at the EXPO in Baltimore. It's still in the shed (plastic locking clips are broke), but I use the Jameson poles with a Marvin hooktip blade on a standard polesaw head. The ARS blades are over $70 and just not worth it.

i guess eventualyy isnt here yet but i see no need to buy a conductive polesaw;)

Back