Lighting Struck Tree Removals

i think that the sap of a pine seems more conductive than water based trees(?); whereby they seem to call lightning to them easier (more conduction to ground?).

We've had many pines next to oaks down'ere that the pine always gets it. Sometimes hitting at the base of a driveway, into the pine, and running the rebar in driveway(popping out pieces of cement here and there) into the garage and the subsequently the fuse box.

Binding is great, and can be done on both sides of hinge. i think this fortifies by pressure, and maintaining alignment/not allowing shift. But still, hinging over by cutting through cracks (especially pairallell to hinge) can give unexpected results. In a solid tree, you have compression and tension. But, in cracked; you can have like 2 individual plates, each with compression and tension.

Good work. Here's Grand Fir that got hit a few days before this pic was taken, it fell apart a few months later. It was about 135' tall and shattered the whole length.

Attachments

• panom.jpg
    panom.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 11
For sure you got to make to beer thirty, Pete. Lightening strikes are a guessing game. Never two the same. Excellent pic, Gord, and nice to see a neighbor close by to work out of.

i've got a different outlook on lightning struck trees since G.F.B.'s pic's on that redwood. i aint trying to hear that tree's story till it comes from a green book

Back