Kyles redneck builds/ ideas

I've got a Simpson capstan that attaches to a power-head, barely used.

I have MS260 that I'll hook up to it, when I think of it.

I would like to have a mount of some sort atop my chipper, a la Reg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@SeanKroll i would imagine a simple anchor bollard, aka pipe, welded to a plate that it's then welded to the top of the chute would anchor that beautifully. By welding a plate on first, then the anchor pipe, you spread the force of the winch over the whole area you cover, making it much stronger. Some 1/4 inch plate would be about right i think. I think i remember those having a small loop of wire rope that those things anchor with, you could simply loop that over the pipe and you are ready for pulling. A plate welded on top of the pipe would keep it from popping off, just adds a lip that wouldn't ever let it fly off under load. Lots of tanks come that way for rigging.

20200123_193547.jpg

1579829950417649175533830197692.jpg

Ignore the mess, my garage looks like an episode of hoarders ever since i remodeled a bedroom this summer and just put it all out here while i was working. This isn't the mower that I'm using, i will be using a smaller one but identical layout. Each wheel has a idler pulley clutch, but I'm going to turn it sideways and use one to power the drive shaft to the differential, and one to power the winch. I'm currently working on the starter motor from the backhoe(yes from forever ago) and it's pissing me off enough to have to take a break. It's not retracting the starter pawl gear thing, most likely from the snap ring that broke off. Hit it with a cutting wheel a bit to get the broken ring out, now I'm trying to get the one that keeps it on the shaft off and it's winning atm.

I do the walk away thing quite often. A few minutes apart does wonders for the relationship. I can actually fix things without breaking them worse that way. Damn Honda minivan doors have been the only thing that has beaten this in years. I gave up and traded it in with a ratchet strap holding the door closed.

The 250 gave me a hell of a time with the driver door, which failed close. I ended up pulling the seats and unbolting the latch. That was when I discovered that the cab was shot, and so that truck was done.

I do the walk away thing quite often. A few minutes apart does wonders for the relationship. I can actually fix things without breaking them worse that way. Damn Honda minivan doors have been the only thing that has beaten this in years. I gave up and traded it in with a ratchet strap holding the door closed.
LOL I have a 01' with a bad door motor. My wife wants me to fix it but removing half the vans interior doesn't look like fun.

they want you to buy the whole kit when it’s usually a small pulley or cable end. He fixed his with parts from the hardware store. Of course most people can’t go with out a vehicle for the week it took him to do it

There is supposed to be a release for that so the door will open and close at least. The rollers go bad and that’s when the door just won’t do anything
Sorry for the slight detour Kyle

My Honda sliding door was not working all the time to close. There's a little rubber stopper/ bumper that dries out and falls off, letting the door go back 1/2" too far for some controls to get it to close. YouTube video for the win...$10 part, taking more time to power the door open than install the stopper/ bumper.

Ya, I don't typically use video to learn stuff. I prefer reading and/or looking at pictures. Sometimes video helps though. Of all things, I had to use video to change the headlights on my dakota. I took the obvious screws out, but the housing wouldn't budge. I gave up, and looked it up on youtube. Turns out it clips in fairly substantially, and has to be pried off with force once the screws are out. I wouldn't have gotten that on my own. I've broken so much stuff over the years by taking screws out, forcing whatever apart, only to find the asses put in some hidden screws. I was afraid of breaking the headlight assembly.

Back