Jerry B's Old Growth DVD

chris_girard

Treehouser
I've been watching Jerry's old growth logging DVD again and just want to let you guys know if you haven't seen it, you really should get it! Filled with logging footage that you just don't see anymore. Cutters such as John Ciro and Steve Van Horn, legendary timber fallers that you've read about in Jerry's High Climbers and Timber Fallers book. Just a great DVD to watch! Check it out:

Any idea when the site will be up for purchases? Says "under construction" when I click to buy.

I lend my copy to our apprentices.
It totally blows their little minds.

As in TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just write Jerry directly, order the videos and and chew him out for not getting his site up and running.

Tell him, I told you to say that.

I got a DVD of his around somewhere, a Bogachiel Spruce climb, from early 2000s I think.
If it turns up I’ll send it to one of y’all if you wanna watch it or pass it around.
I think it’s in a footlocker.

Do you have someone to work on that site for you? I don't want to speak out of line for Brandon, but he may be able to help you with that for a fee. however, he's already full time working/going to college so he may not be able to help.

And again - forgive me if I'm speaking out of line, Brandon.

Last edited:
Brandon might know a guy, too.

@thegodfather, I mean @gf beranek, an updated website seems like a great platform for photo sales. IDK about it, but it seems like an online store could/ would be somewhat automated for a third-party printer to print and mail your photography work...low-input, long-term income.
@Brandon, do you know anything about that?

For most tree people, work is only very local, or you travel to it, because of the physical nature of the beast. Being able to earn income from digital file transfers is white-collar style earning, IMO, and maybe somewhat automated.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My favorite is the 100 Trees DVD. Great felling and work done on it.

Thanks Jer for taking the time to record your work for us!!

No doubt that looks like it must be a good vid from the description

IDK about it, but it seems like an online store could/ would be somewhat automated for a third-party printer to print and mail your photography work...low-input, long-term income.
@Brandon, do you know anything about that?
I don't know specifics, but yes it would certainly be wise to outsource the printing to a print house. I don't know if there's also a storefront that includes printing as part of a package deal.

If I want some publication I just get a hold of Mrs B ,Terri on face book . I don't think I have all of them but most .

Some one name GP was going to help me with getting that web site back up and running properly, but that never happened.

Guess I'll have to try someone else.

I have been meaning to write an email on how I can buy those dvds. This might be funny to most but most nights my old lady and I fall asleep to the working climber series. Since I first watched the series when I worked for David Driver my whole career has changed. I would love to get the old growth and second growth videos. I’ve read the high climber book and it was interesting. Heck the way it was written my imagination took me to each site you described like I was actually there. My career has taken a different turn and I do more falling work due to wildfires. The baileys always speak highly of you Mr. Beranek.

fmecky,
Good to see you back here. It seems it’s been a while since you’ve posted.
I follow you and tree being on Instagram.
You’re quite a pair.
Some pretty great falling you both have been doing. All that smoke and burn residue, though. It makes me wonder about long term exposure and your lungs! The AQI here in LA hit 181 yesterday, and you’re a helluva lot closer to the fires; and dropping them while still burning !!

Jerry, I’ll DM you about the website.

6D91EAD2-38F1-4A82-8807-D17ECEB9513F.png

CF0FCEDD-8074-4902-8C94-CEC5EE5A8376.jpeg

Last edited:
Back