I've got a headache!!!!!!

It gets better!!!!!:whine:
It's on the curve leaving Leon to the west on the south side of the road. Just past the cemetery.
I hope to get out there this week and see the mess, MAYBE try and cut this weekend.

Just be safe....

Well,I can't see it but here goes.If you can get a throw line up in the first tree then pull a bull rope up,get some power on it.Pull the damned thing down.

I think in the older version of the TH I had a picture of snatching 60 feet of an 80 foot bitter nut hickory out using one of my dozers.Made a hell of a thump when it hit the ground.

If all you have for power is a pick-em-up,set a snatch block or two and use a double or quad line to gain some mechanical advantage on the pull.What ever you do be carefull,a hanger has a mind of it's own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, everybody is alive, and the trees are on the ground!!! It was a MESS!!!! I will try and describe it as best I can, sorry, no after pics.
Tree #1, the stump in the backround is where it started, that is how far he had drug it with a chain. In the proccess he had driven it even further into the other trees, and lodging it into the crotch of tree #3.

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 72
Tree #2, it's a wonder this one didn't come back and kill him!!!! I took off one of the side branches, then cleaned off the notch cut and it just rolled over away from me. It was nice!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1148.jpg
    IMG_1148.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 70
Ok, tree #3, this is the tree furthest to the right in the last pics of tree #1. What he was thinking or doing, is anyones guess!! If a picture is worth a thousand words, wel I am speechless!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 83
I'm amazed that the sloping back cut didn't aim tree #2 perfectly for the guy. Especially since it was almost 6" above the notch.
:roll:

Hahahahaha, gawddamn! :lol:

U L G Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian, I didn't ask, I just assumed that was his version of a humbolt:lol:

The whole time I was out there he kept wanting to fir up his saw and start cutting wood up!! "Dude!!!! Chill out, until I get it all on the ground, stay the hell away!!!!"
He even brought his truck and trailer thinking I was going to slice it all up and help him load!!
NOPE!!! I am too tired!!
Another freind came and helped me, we got it on the ground, got in the truck and left!

Ha! You told me about this. I could not have imagined it being this bad.

That high back cut in post 30 very well might have saved him from bodily harm. Some one needs to take his saw away from him!! At least until he learns some proper methods.

Way to do it Andy, hell yeah! you got em to the ground and now it's time to go.

Very strange. Maybe this fella should not drink while falling trees, at least till he gets a little bit better.:lol:

The dude doesn't drink!!! Not one drop!! He just, well, I don't know how to explain it. He's a bit of a savant. You have a math problem, thirty seconds and it's solved. But no social skills what so ever!!! And I don't think he's ever gotten laid, he's 24, 'nuff said?

It never ceases to amaze me that more people aren't killed or maimed when they are attempting to fall trees.

That was some scary lookin' saw work. He should never attempt to use a saw again.

Gary

The dude doesn't drink!!! Not one drop!! He just, well, I don't know how to explain it. He's a bit of a savant. You have a math problem, thirty seconds and it's solved. But no social skills what so ever!!! And I don't think he's ever gotten laid, he's 24, 'nuff said?

Is the problem 2+2=?:D

Back