ISC 1/2 aluminum rigging block

1BUS

TreeHouser
treestuff has a pretty good price on them while supplies last, for anyone in the market.

I saw that too. Pretty good deal. We just bought our 3rd block about a month ago and I guess that's plenty for our two many company.

I bought one of these years ago and absolutely love it. I have another 3 CMI blocks but still may pick one of these up, the styling and design are superb IMO, sexy block.... Ohh let me stroke it...

If you want sexy,and have too much money, this is the way to go:

dmm-impact-block-imb-l-.jpg

P R E C I O U S !
attachment.php

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Iz-8CSa9xj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't say about an oversized rope, but be careful about hanging it with an oversized sling. At Parks, we have a larger ISC, which is sweet. My supervisor previously has successfully used it with a lifting type yellow eye and eye sling, or green cordura covered endless loop sling. whichever one it was, the sling was oversized and the force was pushing out on the side plate where the lateral restraint is only a small pin.

Sherrill had a warning and illustration about this same point in a recent catalog.

No harm done to the block that we could see, and no mishap, but a hard pull with the block as a redirect, which we often do in semi-critical situations, would not be a good time for a failure.

I haven't heard of this happening, but a screwed-in anchor pin has its value, IMO.

The lightweight of the ISC is Sweet.

I might have to wear mine around my neck so everyone would see it.

If you bought the big one, that would make you walk like an old monkey, indeed.
That thing is HEAVY.
We bought one just because there may come a day when we need to haul an Abrams M1 tank up into a tree.
It is way overboard for the work we normally do, but sometimes we let our OCGD get the better of us.

Back