Insurance and deductibles

That's really weird, Nick, but I'm glad you won...sorta won? Weird that there's supposedly a set policy, yet somehow it's negotiable? WTF?
It seems like a small claims suit against the at-fault driver for the amount of your deductable might be legal recourse, or is that not a claim you can use in sm. claims???

If its the other drivers fault, they should cover all of the expenses...right? Maybe the other driver didn't have enough coverage? I thought that you only pay your deductible if you do something wrong or the other person hit and runs or doesn't have insurance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If its the other drivers fault, they should cover all of the expenses...right? Maybe the other driver didn't have enough coverage? I thought that you only pay your deductible if you do something wrong or the other person hit and runs or doesn't have insurance.

This is exactly how I thought it worked. I assumed by her fancy BMW, Beverly Hills address and the fact that I only ever talked to her assistant after the accident that they got the money to have nice insurance.

But I also know that she hopped out, was very apologetic, immediately took full blame...but then later in talking with her insurance rep they said she said it was all our fault. Her story changed and DAMN I wish I had my iphone on video record. Next time, Gadget. Next time.

Either way. I won. I'm'a get me a new door now.

Often times, to expedite your repairs, an isurance company will run the claim through your collision while they settle with the other insurance company.. But what they did was a tad out of line. They should consult you first.

I love this. You were confused about what deductible meant in your policy, and in return the insurance company gives you a check for it. I mean, I am happy for you and all, it is just funny that you got rewarded for it.:lol:

Drop progressive commercial. They suck. Better coverage to be had at comparable or lesser rates. I had them for 6 years. Directly. Called an agent for quotes to take over my insurance. He got me a quote for 30% less annually for higher limits. Guess from who? Progressive. That's how they roll. Just because an inqouiry was made with me as a "new" customer through the agent, they came in much cheaper. But having ppaid out the nose with them for 6 years they wouldn't cut me a break on shit. Hit a deer once and had to deal with them. it was a catastrophe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The deductible is the amount that I have to pay in an accident that I cause or if it is impossible to find out who caused the accident. I still cannot believe that I have to pay for damage that you do.

love
nick

Back