Insect and bites

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are mistaken, did no have the insurance, how ever I got a contract, between the team, shera profit, the agreement is simple I provide the safety equipment, they have specific duties, those duties give thwm a % ,they are resposible for ther insurance or taxes or any Spence's to be pay. It is like Coop, we all make money base on are duties. I do not take on jobs the I can finish or do. I need a crain!

Jose who pays when something goes wrong and there is property damage? If you guys have their own workers comp that's a whole other issue if they get hurt, but who pays for a roof??? I work full time doing this and do my own thing on Saturdays. Do you wanna guess what my Saturday work cost me a year in insurance? Let me tell you it's not cheap but I sure as hell don't want to be with out it. I know I can't buy these houses I'm working at.

I'm not one to cast stones about having insurance, Canada operates a bit differently on how insurance works, never the less, without it, you have to be pretty damn good and pretty damn carefull when taking a tree down, Jose. A bad mix of no experience climbing and no experience rigging and no experience with trees is a ticking time bomb. If not for you, how about a litigous neighbour catching wind you don't have proper insurance and sues the HO for some hole you poked in his grass?

But anyway........ it's your skin.

Good post, Peter. There definitely are people out there just waiting to get a chance to play the angles if they can. What insurance will cost can be a lot less than what a lawyer will run you having to try and fight litigation.

Thanks Jose ......exactly why I choose to expand my mind rather then compete with you. Props......I've learned much since this threads beginning .

Stay safe......don't short change your employees......or whatever you call them

Well, good points all. However did you have been telling me to start slow. Can affort help and insurance at the.same time.

I did ask what tool to get, this are the tool I was advice by the so call professionals, you can not burn me for listening to tour advice, that is double jeopardy. This is most like a, less find a negative.

Jose, as far as I can see, no one is telling you to not do anything, just take the proper steps to ensure your safety, the safety of others and prevent serious property damage. I'm all for one buying equipment, but the skills need to be there to use it, and from all the reports, the US is a very litigious country. If you like climbing, that's one thing, you want to make money at it, well, you need to think business.

Up here it's a no fault system, HO hires you, you mess up, their claim goes through their own insurance for the most part. Contractors of many kinds can 'get away' without having insurance. Well, insurance companies make their own rules, they are tending to not payout unless the HO checks that the contractor, no matter what they do, has proper insurance. The writing was on the wall for me. Continue on skirting the system, or pay to play, and try to add another bonus to the sale if they hire me? But unfortunately it still comes down to skills and experience. Insurance companies might not provide coverage without adequate training or experience.

I can completely understand your situation being all geared up and frustrated. Just be safe. There is great advice from great people here, and that's something you can't buy.

I transitioned from logging to tree service, the insurance was something that I thought i couldn't afford to keep. Instead I did like you and used the money to purchase things I needed for tree work and to finance the next job, worked great til a rope came off a limb and I ripped the eaves, gutters and facia off the front of a house. And after paying my help and finishing the job, and paying for materials to fix the damage I lost more money than it took to start insurance. Take the advice or leave it. But it only takes one cut to make YOU homeless in this world.

Well stated Nic. Insurance is a must have. It's not a thing you can't afford. It's a thing you can't afford to not have. I've ( knock on wood) never had to use mine, but one mistake and I'd be f@#%*! without it.

"there are some people you can reach and others you can not" " what we have hear is failure to communicate" omg shit show tree guy in the making right here in front of us. face palm!

I did ask what tool to get, this are the tool I was advice by the so call professionals, you can not burn me for listening to tour advice, that is double jeopardy. This is most like a, less find a negative.

Oh BTW insurance was brought up on the very first page of this thread. So you no listen.

Yah Jose you seem to be do really well with advice you like, and conversely get your nose right out of joint when you get advice you don't like.

I need .phone #s, to find out a company that insure me, I am the company. Now how I include the help, when there is only a job to job contract?

You need to charge enough to cover your overheads & wages first - you get what's left as the company owner. Never was easy starting out.

Public Liability covers everyone working on the job for causing harm to something or someone else.
It's what will pay for the car you hit, the shed you damage, the window you break, the dog you kill, the driveway you smash...it doesn't cover you or your workers for injury.

Back