Insect and bites

The Stablebraid cover picks and frays on rough bark too much for my liking.

True, but once you get a nice glaze going they coil like a dream. In my rigging once they reach oldish age they become natty crotch lines on the way to retirement .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. I cancel my order, reorder and, I am going with the medium green ISC 5/8 with a dead wide eye tenex sling. I also getting the treesstuff portawrap, and the 1/2 samson stable braid bull.
2.Is been suggested the 1/2 arbrmaster, for the abration resistance, the question will be, How well is handle for knots.

I WILL BE ADDING TO THIS POST. I GOT MORE INFORMATION YOU TO REVIEW.

Sounds like a very good decision...that gear should work well for you.

Let us see how you use it. Good stuff, Jose.

I would like to get the correct rope for my needs, with the best handling of knots and life expand of the outer layer. I am interested on what you use and why is that what you prefer. Also anyone else. The samson is my choice under the info provided, if ther is better for a good price it have to be no more that 9/16. If Im not mistaken the ISC medium it take up to 5/8, so I will like to be under the max.

Yeah, what Raj says makes sense. Keep rigged loads smaller rather than larger. May take a little longer but the risks are less, better on gear, you can control smaller loads, will be safer.

I use HUSKY 1/2" BULL ROPE BY ALL GEAR from TreeStuff for most of my rigging.

I have a 9/16" SAMSON 9/16" STABLE BRAID BULL ROPE for heavier stuff.

I have several larger blocks that I use because I already have them...CMI 5/8CMI 5/8" Steel Arborist Rigging Block

But if buying now I would buy some of the smaller blocks these guys are recommending.

OK, I have finally order, this is the brake down,1 ISC medium, 2 ISC mini, 2 woopy sling,2 tenex slings, waiting on the portarap,and the samson 1/2 , got the sit for the saquoia, and a linemqn silk with hoister. Considering getting a husky 9/16 200" .what I am missing? 1459092712294-630665795.jpg

Change your Husky 9/16 to Stable Braid 9/16ths and you'll have it together.
And yes, charge more, refer jobs that are beyond your skill set to someone more qualified as you learn. Once you have the skill, stop referring. One step at a time grasshopper.

That's a nice set of gear there Jose. Loads of potential with that package. Be careful. Keep it small and know your limits. You also have to know your ground mans limits too. A poor groundie on the ropes can kill or injure a great climber. Be safe

Also I'm envious of all that shiny new gear. It doesn't get to stay looking that nice for long

Sounds like a full setup to me Jose. There will always be another piece you'll want to add or whatever, but you seem to have the basics covered. I am assuming you already have all the climbing gear and a few extra bits for positioning yourself. Now you have rigging lines, port-a-wrap with sling, and several blocks with slings. That more rigging gear than I have, but is all on my "get it soon" list. Now go out and use it, stick with what you know and play it safe as others have said. As you work, you'll see what you use the most and when you realize another piece of gear would make your job easier, the stuff you already bought will have helped you earn the money to buy it. Good Luck!

will be buying a 2nd port a wrap ,another 1/2 rigging rope for a 2 man crew, Team lowering gear ,fishing technic and zip line . Son in law and brother in law

Well, my little company is small like an ant, little but strong . see we are still taking insects ,LOL

Back