I'm Back!!

gf beranek

Old Schooler
So glad to be home and in the arms of my lover,,,, who just so happens to be at work right at the moment.

No sooner did I arrive home from the X-man's place in Baltimore last night at 6 pm,,, I had to get up and 3 am to go to San Francisco for a VA PTSD summation after a year of going to their shrinks. I'm certified. To what level is yet to be announced. That has been a long time coming.

Upon coming home today I bought some fresh rock cod to cook up for Terri when she gets home from work, in about two hours. Then we will snuggle up and.... watch a video together.

Big storm due this weekend and I think snugging and hugging will be the best thing to weather it out.

So glad to be home. I'll catch you up on what was happening in Baltimore after the video is edited. That was a different work scenario if there ever was one.

Later, all at the House!! Love you.......

We were wondering what was up, we thought aliens had abducted you!

How was the X-Man?

And what's a PTSD summation?

Why the shrinks? For possible depression due to the foot accident? Just being nosy, if it's none of my business then you don't have to answer. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X-Man is David Driver. He posts on the Buzz. Heck of a nice guy. He ought to become a houser. I met Dave some years ago at a trade show. Can't remember which one. He's running a crew out of Belair in Harford county,,, and struggling... like most of us. Young and a go-getter. He treats his crew real good. That's nice to see.. Just married too, to a wonderful lady, Kim, and has a 20 month old little girl, Abby. So cute.

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. PTSD. Actually been going on for many years, but finaly took a head in the last few. As far as it goes the bad memories are like pop-ups. I've been in denile of it and finaly coming to terms, realizing the graphic memories of the war has occupied my life long since and after I came home. Exactly what good sharing the memories with the shrinks is going to accomplish I'm not too sure. It seems to just stir it up more to me, but they think talking about it will make it better.

I'll just have another glass of wine and let that be. Hell, most of the human race has gone through PTSD of some sort and made it just fine. I'll be OK as long as Terri is close to me. Most important...

Glad to read you again- had similar doubts about the shrinks when they gave me some numbers and words to remember before the initial interview and started off with the question" do you like to play with sharp objects" Again, welcome back!!

Good on you Jerry. Only recently has my Father admitted to a few tours into Cambodia, he doesn't speak of what they did but I can tell it bothers him.

A week after he came home his unit was sent to Vietnam, the APC he was in charge of was hit and everyone killed (all of his friends).

I believe these things have affected him his whole life in one way or another.

Good on you Jerry.

I'll be holding thumbs that the "Big Storm" you spoke of this weekend really happens !!!
If not, you & Terri should just pretend that there's a foot & a half of snow outside & the roads are impassable...
:/:
& then maybe.... in the quietest of moments.... you say....... "Hey, Terri... I gotta talk about something..."
You can tell her.
She won't respond
Or offer advice
Or try to tell you what day it is.
She will simply listen.

Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. PTSD.

I'll just have another glass of wine and let that be. Hell, most of the human race has gone through PTSD of some sort and made it just fine. I'll be OK as long as Terri is close to me. Most important...
This is more prevalent than most of the general public knows about and often doesn't pop up for twenty yeas or more.It's like that thorn that stuck in your thumb and has festered for 20 years then decides to come out.

In my own little life for some unknown reason I got drunker than a skunk for most likely 10-12 years every veterans day.It just happened ,no real reason.I don't know if it just passed or rewifing had something to do with it but it's gone.Good thing because those hangovers were a beech.

Oh,that cod fish from Baltimore is indeed some real tasty stuff,enjoy.;)

...also there is nothing quite as tastey as crab cakes made Maryland style,yum.

My uncle's talk about Desert Storm and what they did over there.

Sounds pretty gnarly.

I don't think I coulda walked around with a gun looking for people to kill in the desert or jungle.

Heart's out there for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the support, all of you. Really glad to be home. I'm not use to the cold. I swear I could watch the icicles grow right in front of my eyes.

Thanks for the support, all of you. Really glad to be home. I'm not use to the cold. I swear I could watch the icicles grow right in front of my eyes.
Ha,now you know what we put up with every winter.:whine: Ohio has 5 months of winter and 7 of bad weather or so it seems at times,especially this year.

take your meds (or something), extreme. Your posts are once again getting more and more confusing

I didn't know you were gone Jerry (because I was gone too I think), but I'm glad to hear you're back! There's a lot of people here who think the world of you.

Back