I’m a sucker for a bargain

Jonny

Treehouser
I want a thread where I can share remarkably fine prices on gear for sale. This will mostly be climbing, rigging, logging, and felling gear.

I’m a frugal consumer and I like sharing deals with y’all, and I love it when some of y’all do the same.
I’d rather just share with the Elders. I’ll update every now and then if something looks sweet, and if y’all run across anything juicy while browsing, please share :)

Nothing earth shattering for starters, but here’s a CMI block for 80$.

Thanks Jonny! Been kinda wanting a block for awhile, but it was hard to justify the cost for an 'I might need this some time' purchase. That price hits below that threshold. Got that and some loop runners to get free shipping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

This place has been pretty good to me. Check it out if you need short climb lines or lanyards. There’s Poison Ivy and other colors of Yale 11.7mm 24 strands, Safety Blue Hi-Vee, and different diameters of HTP. Fine prices.

On the subject of rope... I got my first climblines as ends in the ½" 50# box from here...

Looks like it's $101 shipped in the US, or about $2/pound for the rope. Their assorted selection probably isn't as good for tree use. I suspect a lot of it is polypro.

These are the lengths I got, all static...

KM3 96'
KM3 189'
StaticPro 98'
CMCLifeline 161'

YMMV of course for what comes in any particular order, but my box rocked. Any single one of those lines was worth the total cost, much less all of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haven’t tried them, so not sure of quality, but here’s Notch impulse hardened pole saw blades for 9$ each :)

Are they? I haven't quite figured out what they are. The stuff ranges from discount to ultra premium. Only stuff I have from them is some loop runners and a micropulley, but it seems decent.

I love my Silkys. Fantastic saws. I'm gonna research the Notch blades a bit. I could use a polesaw blade. I'd like to build my own polesaw, but it isn't something I need enough to spend a lot of money on. A blade that's decent, but not necessarily top shelf would be perfect.

edit:
BTW, if anyone's interested, TreeStuff has the same blades at a fixed $15 price. If one wanted to buy one of the longer ones, it would be cheaper from TreeStuff.

Last edited:
Gotta be careful with them. Some of the stuff's pretty good, other stuff not so much. I /hear/ their PittsburghPro tool line is pretty good, and on par with hardware store prosumer stuff. I haven't had the need. I bought most of my tools years ago. Battery jump boxes are very good, and their work gloves are a good value.

The last time I bought polesaw blades I bought a dozen Fred Marvin from Bailey's. I quit Sherrill well over a decade ago and only bought from Treestuff a couple times before realizing they were owned by Sherrill as well. Still have a couple Fred Marvin blades unused and they hold up well.

Last edited:
With Notch, it can be hit or miss. I love their port-a-wrap (still have my first one, on it's 4th year of service, and works just as good as day one). My JetStep, Pro Large Bag and throw weights have also been good to go. I've had some of their rigging rope (1/2 & 9/16", Atlantic Braids rebrands) and throwline, neither really impressed nor lasted as long as Samson equivalents. Their throwline cube was also a POS, from the other tree guys I've talked with who used it.

Back