I’m a sucker for a bargain

TreeStuff is giving a free RopeRunnerPro with a $650 order, code "RRP". It's TreeStuff, and they can be expensive on stuff, but it might be worth looking into if you need some gear anyway.

Special Tie Dye Notch Quickie

Kind of a deal, but not really haha

I just thought some of you might want one. I would want one if I didn't already own two.

The effect is not actually called "tie dye." That's a lazy way to put it. It's called iridescence, which is a phenomenon that occurs when surfaces appear to change color as the angle of view or illumination changes. It's caused by wave interference of light in microstructures or thin films. In this instance, it is done by heat coloring or heat anodizing.

Sherrilltree: Limited Edition Alert! New Notch Quickie Shackle with a cool tie-dye finish.

Get one before they're gone: Limited Edition Notch Tie Dye Quickie - https://sherrilltree.attn.tv/l/dT4/hrtlW Stop to stop

After thought: The limited editions market in treework products is ridiculous. Nobody collects these items and they will all end up getting ruined over time by most buyers. They are purely gimmicks. But like I said, I would love to buy one haha because I'm a sucker for pretty gear....even if I will systematically destroy it over the products lifetime.

There's colors I like better than others. If I'm getting something anyway, I'll pick the color I prefer, even if it doesn't last.

Last thing I got from TreeStuff was some XSRE screwlocks on clearance. They canceled one of them cause they were OOS, and when I asked to replace it with a different color, they said they couldn't do it cause the machine was already in motion. That kind of annoyed me, and I feel like that wouldn't have happened with Wesspur. The Sherrill empire is too big and distributed. I like the "small store" touch of Wesspur. Given a choice, I'll pick different colors, but it isn't that important. The important part is the biner.

There's colors I like better than others. If I'm getting something anyway, I'll pick the color I prefer, even if it doesn't last.

Last thing I got from TreeStuff was some XSRE screwlocks on clearance. They canceled one of them cause they were OOS, and when I asked to replace it with a different color, they said they couldn't do it cause the machine was already in motion. That kind of annoyed me, and I feel like that wouldn't have happened with Wesspur. The Sherrill empire is too big and distributed. I like the "small store" touch of Wesspur. Given a choice, I'll pick different colors, but it isn't that important. The important part is the biner.
WesSpur is my favorite supplier. I even promote them on my YouTube channel for free. There's rarely anything that I can't get at WesSpur. Their selection is absolutely the best and at the best cost per product in my opinion. And as a hitch connoisseur, 85% of all of my hitch cords came from WesSpur. To be fair, TreeStuff does claim that they will match the price of anywhere else for any product on their website. But WesSpur usually already has the best price, which makes it convenient to use them.

I got this mail from wesspur. It's kind of a delayed deal, where you buy stuff, wait til next year, then buy some more stuff and get a credit on it. It's a good deal if major purchases are anticipated, but not immediately needed.

Gift Certificate Giveaway Mobile.png

Just a general announcement... Y'all get the same emails I do, but now's the time to buy, especially if you have some expensive purchases in mind. There's a bunch of good specials during Black Friday week, and you can pretty much count on getting 20% off your order from most places. Minus the exclusions of course. I'm sure the ArborTrolley I'm considering is exempt, as are the portable winches, but it's a good time to restock rigging rope, or get the spendy mechanical device you've been thinking about.

Just a general announcement... Y'all get the same emails I do, but now's the time to buy, especially if you have some expensive purchases in mind. There's a bunch of good specials during Black Friday week, and you can pretty much count on getting 20% off your order from most places. Minus the exclusions of course. I'm sure the ArborTrolley I'm considering is exempt, as are the portable winches, but it's a good time to restock rigging rope, or get the spendy mechanical device you've been thinking about.
And this isn't like a holiday sale at Macy's or Amazon. The last time I hesitated on a sale this time of year at an arborist supply store, when I went to excitedly finally make my purchase of an expensive climbing device four days into a one week sale, most of anything that anyone would want that was a part of the discounts was completely out of stock. The same thing happened to me earlier this year when Wesspur had a 20% sale on everything made by Petzl. In only 24 hours, when I went to buy a Sequoia harness after thinking it through for a day, I discovered that they were completely sold out. These arborist supply stores have these sales this time of year in order to clear out *remaining* items in their stock rooms so that they can finish their fourth quarters strong and make room for newer models. Don't make the mistake I have made in the past; I know I won't. Get the item(s) you've had your eyes on before the only item left in stock is regret.

And this isn't like a holiday sale at Macy's or Amazon. The last time I hesitated on a sale this time of year at an arborist supply store, when I went to excitedly finally make my purchase of an expensive climbing device four days into a one week sale, most of anything that anyone would want that was a part of the discounts was completely out of stock. The same thing happened to me earlier this year when Wesspur had a 20% sale on everything made by Petzl. In only 24 hours, when I went to buy a Sequoia harness after thinking it through for a day, I discovered that they were completely sold out. These arborist supply stores have these sales this time of year in order to clear out *remaining* items in their stock rooms so that they can finish their fourth quarters strong and make room for newer models. Don't make the mistake I have made in the past; I know I won't. Get the item(s) you've had your eyes on before the only item left in stock is regret.
You spelled that wrong. It's Regert. Just saying.

I think this might be a deal. I've never used SaveEdge files, but they seem to have a good reputation. TreeStuff has 13/64 files for 89¢/each. Those are Chinese file prices. I'm tempted to try them out, but I don't need other stuff, and it's hard to make an order for files when I already have a bunch.

edit:
I was just poking around the site, came back to the above link, and now they're $160.99 PER FILE. Those files better conjure up whole chains on each stroke for that price :^D I have no idea what's going on on their site.

edit2:
Ok, you click the [One File] button and it changes to 89¢. Such shitty site design. It's a javascript nightmare. I hate modern web design...

edit3:
SOLD OUT

Last edited:
Special Tie Dye Notch Quickie

Kind of a deal, but not really haha

I just thought some of you might want one. I would want one if I didn't already own two.

The effect is not actually called "tie dye." That's a lazy way to put it. It's called iridescence, which is a phenomenon that occurs when surfaces appear to change color as the angle of view or illumination changes. It's caused by wave interference of light in microstructures or thin films. In this instance, it is done by heat coloring or heat anodizing.

Sherrilltree: Limited Edition Alert! New Notch Quickie Shackle with a cool tie-dye finish.

Get one before they're gone: Limited Edition Notch Tie Dye Quickie - https://sherrilltree.attn.tv/l/dT4/hrtlW Stop to stop
It looks awesome. I have the regular, boring stainless edition. I’d pay $2 more for the iridescent one but only if I was in the market to purchase one.

Wesspur...

Climbing Gear flash sale!

20% off Climbing Rope, Climbing Spikes, Fliplines, & Boots*

CODE: SPIKES

Applies to:

I'm sure everyone's already aware, but I wanted the opportunity to ask a question, and it isn't good enough for it's own thread. Wesspur has some long lines in their clearance rope section. Like 180'- >200'. Why do you suppose they're on clearance at a discount, when they can sell them at full price as entire lines? A 180' rope is a 150' rope with a 30' end to put on clearance. A 220' rope is a 200' rope, with 20' on clearance. Any idea what's going on there?

I don't think so. They're all big names in the industry. Well liked, and widely used ropes. I noticed it before with the Predator rope. That one was weird one for arboriculture. It was specced as a good line, but was in subdued colors. Maybe for hunters, or something like that. I could understand them delisting that, but not KM3 Max, Bifröst, Blaze, and Scandere.

Overstocked item? Discontinued product line?
It's the new year. They're trying to get as many new customer into the store with a bonified deal. They are likely losing money on this deal, but it will allow tenfold profits throughout the rest of the year with a returning, loyal customer base looking forward to the next, more modest deal.

Westcoast saw has 20% off this weekend(excluding Oregon reels). It's probably of limited interest to an arborist focused community, but if you wanted some bigger dogs for a saw, or maybe a nice progressive raker gauge, it would be a good time to buy.

Back