If You Need A Laugh - My Top 5 Things To Do In A Tree

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LoL! Good stuff! You kind of blew off the sky pumpkins. I especially liked that idea :^)

Nish commented that idea over in the other forum a couple years ago as a joke and it just cracked me up. I had to design a remote release pumpkin harness for that bit :)

Heck, I didn't know you were here! Welcome!!!

Good to see you on here man! now and then I peel myself out of fakebook to see what's happening.

That was fun!

You left out cooking dinner up there and having a campfire up in your treetop overnight camp.

Both are really great.

It has been a while since I did any rec-climbing, but we'll have a new apprentice starting up after x-mas.
We usually take them out rec-climbing on saturdays, because they learn the basics much easier when there is no work related stress.
Gives the rest of us a chance to try new stuff without having groundies yell at us to get going.

Can you share what you did at around 1:22 with the fall? It’s part of the intro with music playing, I don’t think it was an accidental fall, but it looks like a real fall, like not fake or edited to look like a fall.
Something soft down there to catch you? A deceleration lanyard or something? Just another rope I didn’t see so you went for a swing? Or was it just a couple feet off the ground and camera made it look higher?

Great shot anyways looks fun!

That was entertaining to watch!
Thanks man!

That was fun!

You left out cooking dinner up there and having a campfire up in your treetop overnight camp.

Both are really great.

It has been a while since I did any rec-climbing, but we'll have a new apprentice starting up after x-mas.
We usually take them out rec-climbing on saturdays, because they learn the basics much easier when there is no work related stress.
Gives the rest of us a chance to try new stuff without having groundies yell at us to get going.
I like that idea, I might have to make a part 2 in the spring or something. Not sure how to wrangle cooking supplies without a platform of some kind, maybe I need to invest in a tree tent or something. I am really wanting those hammocks that are padded and let you recline flat sideways, that looks like the way to sleep.
The other thing I want to do is get better at traversing and see how far I can travel off the ground. Guess I better get climbing :)

Can you share what you did at around 1:22 with the fall? It’s part of the intro with music playing, I don’t think it was an accidental fall, but it looks like a real fall, like not fake or edited to look like a fall.
Something soft down there to catch you? A deceleration lanyard or something? Just another rope I didn’t see so you went for a swing? Or was it just a couple feet off the ground and camera made it look higher?

Great shot anyways looks fun!
You bet man, that was another fun video to make. You can see it here, and then at the end I do a behind the scenes on that fall and how I rigged the release and the landing.

Haha!
What a sweet kid to be concerned for you! And the leaves lol

Good shot though for sure, it looks like you just fall down into the abyss for all we know.

The Treeboat hammock from New Tribe is the way to go IMO.
Not cheap, but well worth it.
We have slept well in many trees using those.

Most notably in a Giant Sequoia: My trip to California - https://masterblasterhome.com/threads/my-trip-to-california.13258/

As for cooking Dinner up there, I made a small "Table" that straps on a horizontal branch and then we hauled a grill up there and did Jalapeno poppers and venison steaks with a nice 5 bean salad , bread and a bottle of wine.

The camp fire was in a widecrowned coast side oak, where we were able to suspend a firedish between the branches so we could have a small camp fire without bothering the tree.

Cosy as hell, sitting around our campfire up there, having a whisky and watching the Moon rise over the water :)

I lost the pictures, unfortunately.

Here is a tip.
Don't drink Beer while treecamping, You'll need to piss too much at night.

As for that, we've found that bringing a personal wide mouth plastic bottle to piss in is better than just letting fly over the side, and getting the ropes hanging below, all wet.

I found some other pictures from an overnighter we did at Easter some 8 years ago.
In one picture you can see the " Table". Notice that i've put edges on it, to keep things from sliding off.

P1000514.JPG P1000515.JPG P1000583.JPG P1000603.JPG

Last edited:
Haha!
What a sweet kid to be concerned for you! And the leaves lol

Good shot though for sure, it looks like you just fall down into the abyss for all we know.
I spent some time learning special effects off other YouTube vids, if you want to see my best one, watch the last 30 seconds of this :lol::lol:

The Treeboat hammock from New Tribe is the way to go IMO.
Not cheap, but well worth it.
We have well slept in many trees using those.

Most notably in a Giant Sequoia: My trip to California - https://masterblasterhome.com/threads/my-trip-to-california.13258/

As for cooking Dinner up there, I made a small "Table" that straps on a horizontal branch and then we hauled a grill up there and did Jalapeno poppers and venison steaks with a nice 5 bean salad , bread and a bottle of wine.

The camp fire was in a widecrowned coast side oak, where we were able to suspend a firedish between the branches so we could have a small camp fire without bothering the tree.

Cosy as hell, sitting around our campfire up there, having a whisky and watching the Moon rise over the water :)

I lost the pictures, unfortunately.

Here is a tip.
Don't drink Beer while treecamping, You'll need to piss too much at night.

As for that, we've found that bringing a personal wide mouth plastic bottle to piss in is better than just letting fly over the side, and getting the ropes hanging below, all wet.

I found some other pictures from an overnighter we did at Easter some 8 years ago.
In one picture you can see the " Table". Notice that i've put edges on it, to keep things from sliding off.

View attachment 97820View attachment 97821View attachment 97822View attachment 97823
This is amazing, love the table. Next summer I am determined to tackle canopy camping.

For anyone still following along at home. I just finished a behind the scenes video to show some of the work that went in to the original. Kind of story time with all my deep dark secrets, enjoy!

I forgot to say that I love your videos!

Also, welcome to the House.

That was awesome. My hat is off to everyone who makes cool tree vids for me to watch.

Do they have awards for cool tree vids? If they do you have my nomination for most entertaining in a not work catagory.👍

Back