ice warriors

Yep I say you are right. This one looks like it's going to reek havoc. Buckle up bone head it's going to be a bumpy ride! Damn I wish I had 100 generators in stock.
See Ya
Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you were a little slow right now.

Better man up and get it all together its not looking to pretty.

At least the cash flow will be hella positive pretty soon.

Course all the hurricane chasers will be rolling in to help too, since we had zero activity this year.

I guess the ones that are still afloat, after they blew mega bucks on katrina equipment, anyway.

The times I went out we cleand up all we could while we where there. The branches hang so low it's easy to trim at the time. As easy as walking on ice gets that is.

Been through some serious wind storms and rain/thunder storms out here... even a few freak blizzards...

But I ain't never been in an ice storm... Hold tight you'se guys!!!

Good luck to ya all!!! Stay safe!

Gary

you guys chain up all the way? just clear houses and clean up later?
Around here its just get it to the curb. The cities & contractors come through & do the pick up. If it's bad you just get it all to the curb for about 2-3 weeks. After that you got to haul all debris.

No body & I mean nobody here hauls anything for the first couple of weeks.
It could still go either way here in my part of Kansas. Local station says it will all be slush by morning. The temperature is still a degree or two to warm. But ice is still forming on the trees.

We always hauled the day we cleaned up, but that is why we charged more, and I always had a place to pile it up and burn it later.
What I loved were the ones we asked if they wanted it cut up fo firewood size, "Heavens no, I don't want that wood!!" They would call my other buddy up asking for firewood, "We are all out of seasoned wood, all we have is green that is cut and split." "I'll take whatever you have!!"
Cut an clean all day, split and deliver right back to the same folks that night.:D You figure people out?

This shit is weird, I just looked outside and it has turned to rain now.

Yeah me to, let the hammer fall I'll deal with it in the morning. Night all!
See Ya
Mike

'I can't even fathom a full inch of ice coating everything up. "

We had 1 1/4" in 02 and it busted up a lot of trees.

The worst part was guys who would look at broken branches and bs the owners into thinking the tree had to come down.

Prune out the breakage only--they will come back!

Just cant tell whats going to happen at this point.

Well any way I got 3 cell phone batteries fully charged {will get car charger tomorrow} garage has a 1/2 cord of wood in it, got a gallon of white gas for both of my MSR camp stoves, xtra batteries for my Petzl head lamp.

I am turning in. Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings.

I think? it was in '85, we followed a storm up from New Orleans, shut the whole town of New Orleans down for about a week. By the time we got to OK and into KS, it was close to three inches of ice. 25MPH was getting scary fast on the highway!!
That storm was nothing but ugly, but I sure don't remeber the power outages like this!!
They just said on the news one out of three people in OK is without power!! What scares me, they say MO got hit worse yesterday!!!

only seen freezing rain build up to about 1/4" here, about 5 years ago and about 15 years ago. both times I parked and stayed home. got some neat pics though. I was walking around at a neighbors house, you could hear the red alder popping and dropping branches to the ice sheeted ground, really weird noises. That and you had to chip at the ice to get in to your car as it was covered!
remember these photos?
ice_car_330_330x330.jpg

CoveredCarBig.jpg

http://www.markdaviesmedia.com/cold

Holding steady at 32deg. right now. No ice on the roads right now, but have been hearing the transformers blowing all around here.
More and more coming though, should be lots of fun! NOT!!!

Power outages all around me, temps still in the low 30s. Roads look ok, no ice on my truck. We might have dodged the bullet.
See Ya
Mike

We ain't out of the woods yet, there is a lot more to come. This might just be getting started for you.
See Ya
Mike

Just found out that KCI our big airport has no power, 3000+ out of power in Platte City. I didn't think that many people lived there. This is only about 5 miles northwest of me. Still holding steady in the 30s with rain.
See Ya
Mike

Fixin to head to work I will give an update from there.
see Ya
Mike

Roads are ok, a few limbs down but not bad at all. 27,000 without power, still holding steady in the low 30s, and raining. There is a 1/8" of ice coating everything. We are right on the edge, the parking lot is slushy, with patches of ice. The temps drop any this could get ugly real fast.
See Ya
Mike

Back