I thought an SBR might be cool?

I try not to vacation anywhere that I'm that concerned with my personal safety...

I wish I possessed that kind of prescient knowledge to know exactly when and where something bad was going to happen. How do you feel about spare tires, fire extinguishers, and first aid kits? "I'll only bring those things if I know I'm going to need them."

Once I was on a date when we went swimming in a lake, afterwards we went to a bar for dinner.I discovered a leech had attached itself to my scrotum, I discreatly palmed a salt shaker and made my way back to the rest room.I salted the leech and flushed the bastard away.

An altert waitress and manager who though I was stealing the saltshaker acosted me leaving the bathroom saltshaker in hand,they couldnt understand my accent when I tried to talk slowly . I ended up buying the salt shaker, then we found somewhere else to eat.

If you have to buy the privilege of owning some thing from the government, registar it with the government, especially the ATF; this creates an open door policy for inspection of your entire inventory at any given time by that agency. Bad juju.

Beach safety/security.
[/QUOTE]
... actually a Pistola could be applicable in this case , to protect your manhood put a Cap in that Bully's ass

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stig, with the way things are going in the US right now, our judicial system letting armed robbers out, just to be arrested again in less than 24hrs for the same crime, the police under constant fire from criminals and politicians then "mostly peaceful protests" becoming the norm, I'm not sure anyone can be paranoid enough.

If you’re packing at the beach, you’re scared. Justify how ever you like.
So unless you also have a first aid kit, extra cash, passports, ice packs for heat exhaustion, epi pen for jelly fish, juice for a diabetic, defibrillator, two way radios, flares, extra fuel, generator, spare water, non perishable food… don’t talk to me about preparedness.

You guys are painting a rather unfriendly picture of America. Might keep the tourists out.

It's funny the way some of you think we're walking around fearing for our life simply because we carry a gun. For me, it's pretty much like carrying my keys or my wallet; I don't really think about it, it's just there. Do you have a spare tire on your car? Are you constantly afraid of getting a flat? How about a fire extinguisher? Do you worry about your house bursting into flames at any moment? Of course not. But, if something happens, you are adequately prepared to deal with it. And for the record, I did not carry my gun to the beach. It stayed in the hotel safe. Guns and salt water usually don't play well together.

Also, the "open carry" comment was regarding Charles Atlas. He'd be hard to conceal, unless you're a really big guy.

Once, while carrying in San Francisco, my son and I were approached be a knife wielding crazy individual whilst going to a Burger King down town for snacks. Our group was hungry, Katy stayed with the larger group, safety in numbers, while Seth and I paired off. We were not the only ones he was threatening. But had he continued his rants and knife thrashing into the buiding, i was prepared. Never had to pull my side arm. But better it was on my hip. No cop intervened, no security officer intervened. As a CCW holder you learn to be more aware of situations and surroundings and avoid certain scenarios and situations. Sometimes locations. There are beaches like that here. Some safer than others. But when CA is letting violent criminals walk, catch and release, you prepare. Chances are you'll never draw the weapon.
I've only had 4 car fires in my life. Two cars I had a fire extinquisher in and my trucks. Katy's would not have mattered. Better the truck than her.
I would rather be able to make a trained and educated decision and not be a victim or childless or a widower.
I carry at beaches if I am not there to swim unless we take turns with gun duty at the blanket. Car safe if not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't consider it fear, I consider it being prepared to defend my family. I've been chased by three carloads of gangbangers one night, I've had to stand by and watch a gangbanger beat the crap out of a guy because he didn't like him, but if I'd have intervened the situation would have been worse. I've lost count of all the times I've been at gunpoint from police encounters, for various reasons, I remained calm and have walked away every time.
I carried, illegely, back in the day, did so for years, I understood my choices and the repercussions that came with them. Now it's legal and I certainly am happy about that and plan to take full advantage of it. As I've been on both ends of a gun, I don't particularly care for either end and I hope to never have to be in that situation again, but I plan to be prepared if I am.
Your life experiences are certainly going to be different than mine, so you'll make different choices than I do. People in New York city wonder why anyone would need to carry a knife, but for many it's a tool that used daily. For me, a gun is a tool I hope to never need, but I'd rather have one and not need it, than the other way.

Back