I thought an SBR might be cool?

Most of the skeerio, get off my lawn crowd tend to be unfuckable white guys. Could we change it to Uppity Texan gets shot by Bitter Unfuckable White Guy? lol

I live in a neighborhood with lots of trailer homes but my home isn't on wheels. I guess that makes me uppity. Or is it my douchey BMW? About a half mile away from Paul Mitchell, Joe Rogan, and Michael Dell. It is all relative. When you see someone arrive in a $20 M Sikorsky, it makes those with Ferraris and Lambos look like losers.

Glad we can joke. Butch would like that.

Have guns if you want. I do. I just don't leave the house with them very often. It is illegal to shoot someone for simply stealing your property. I also believe that it is wrong to kill someone over property. Not sure that would be enough to stop me so I don't carry. But I also have the luxury of living in a bubble, albeit in the poor end of the bubble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, that escalated quickly.

I WONT buy an SBR because I think it's BS that I have to ask permission to travel with a gun that I had to pay the government to have the right to buy, then ask permission to even buy the damn thing in the first place! So SBR's are out.

Because I choose to carry a gun I'm now a paranoid freak with control issues? That kinda surmise the premise?
I'm half crippled up and can't defend myself or my family very well in my condition, my state and now your state, permit me to carry a gun if I choose to, I choose to. It's been nearly 30yrs since I've had to draw a gun on anyone, I hope it's at least 30yrs before I ever have to again.
I've been painted with the mentality "Everybody is evil and out to get me, I better be able to get them first!" Or that I'm out just looking to get into a fight so I can justify why I carry a gun.
Quite the opposite is true, at least for me. If I see a situation or a place that I think is going to be a problem, I just avoid it. I'm aware of my surroundings, the people, the cars and just letting people do their thing, I have no want or desire to hurt anyone, but I also refuse to be a victim.
So to look at this another way, lets look at what I carry in my pockets all day every day. I have two pocketknives, a multitool, a keychain screwdriver, the bits for my multitool, two flashlights and a small lockpick set.
Why do I carry two pocketknives, one should be plenty? I have a jackknife with three different blades, on is great for scrapping gaskets, one is pretty good at stripping wire and the big blade gets the job of being used and abused. The other knife is a single blade and I know it's sharp all the time. Multi-tasking or abuse, I grab one, need something really sharp, I grab the other.
Why do I need two flashlights? Batteries go dead, sometimes two people need to look at something at one time.
The one I'm going to get grief for now, Why do I carry a lockpick set? Same reason I have two keyrings in my truck loaded up with keys for most of the equipment I work on.. I'm not a thief, but often times customers forget to remove locks from things I need to move or work on, sometimes I get locked out of gates when I go to work on them. I had to move a boat the other day, husband and wife deal, going through a divorce and needed me to move it to a new residence until they could sell it. Anyway, hubby had put a padlock on the ball to keep anyone from stealing it, wifey couldn't find the key. After a half hour of this, I picked the lock and moved the boat.
The multi-tool and bits, if I have to explain, well.
My point, I'm not a thief, I'm not looking to break into houses and get into things, but I'm prepared to do the job however it may come out, and I have the tools with me to do so.
Just because I choose to carry a gun doesn't mean I'm an unfuckable old white dude, I just want to be prepared whatever the situation may be.
I also stated I wasn't that worried about Corpus, my main concern was when we stayed in Austin overnight, that was my main reasoning for being extra prepared.

No, and you cannot hold someone who is trespassing on your land.

Recently a ranch next to my dad's held some guy they found hiking/exploring without permission. State Troopers showed up and arrested the landowner for wrongful imprisonment. It is not ok to shoot people over property and it is not legal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've said, and continue to say "I own my paranoia" and "I get it may seem crazy" or overkill. I get that. So I can see how that could be interpreted, my bad.
My main concern was to be lost, or stuck in a large city and happen across a protest and not be able to get turned around or away from the situation, regardless of trying. Hopefully it's a slim chance of ever being stuck in that position, but it does seem to be more and more of a reality just watching people.
Sorry for my rant.

Back