I Need to Buy a Drill for Bracing Trees

I use a 1/2" Ridgid 18v Li-Ion cordless for cabling. It helps to have a few extra batteries. It's nice and light and makes 7/16" holes in 24" wood no problem. Not cheap though, $180 with 2 batteries.

I still want a BT45 for vertical mulching.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool stuff guys. Who sells the best long bits? I was thinking about getting the 29" one that Wesspur has. Who sells longer ones?

garage sales! i buy long bits at ace hardware but im always grabbing nice looking bits at garage sales

If you surf the net you can find what is listed as "reconditioned " tools .They sell for about half and carry a warrentee .

Now the rest of the story .Most of these tools come from Lowes, Home Depot etc . They have a no questions return policy .People buy them ,use them a week or so then return them .These companys buy them for a song ,check them out ,package them in a new case and resell them .

When I built my seam roller for standing seam roofing I used a Milwaukee 1/2" right angle for power .200 bucks delivered to the door from a company in South Carolina .

Like I said before the average person will not wear out a good drill in a lifetime unless you abuse it .

Attachments

• _0016.jpg
    _0016.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 52
Fortuitous thread, thanks for starting it, Darrin. I'm also in the market for a drill.

I was thinking of the Echo Gas-powered Drill ($480) but looked at the link Roger posted and the Milwaukee 0721-71, V28 Lithium-Ion Right Angle Drill, right at about $300 with shipping looks pretty good.

Anybody have experience with this one?

Dave

I've used a gas powered drill for soil aeration. They're very strong, and I'll tell you from first-hand experience >>> Brace that thing firmly with both hands. 'Bout ripped my arm out of the shoulder socket by not knowing what to expect.

Back