Husky 2100

• Thread starter bergsteiger
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 11K
Ok soooo maybe I'm missing something I can't seem to access the coil - which is behind the flywheel right? Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like. There don't seem to be any screws or anything to take the coil off. There are those three recessed holes in the flywheel but it doesn't look like theres screwheads in them.

The three holes are meant to hold a puller.
If you take a spacer and drill holes in it to put bolts in to flyweel, then wels a nut in center that will hold the puching bolt on to crank, you have a puller!
I go snap a pic of mine...

Also called Madsen's today to try and locate an air filter but they couldn't any that are still available. They might be able to get me a K&N aftermarket though.

Make a post on CSCF, I am sure there are filters somewere.

0012.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok thanks for the clarification guys. Maybe I'll just have to take it in to a shop to have the flywheel taken off. Don't really have the tools to make my own puller. And thanks Magnus but I just ordered another one of those K&Ns from Madsens.

So at this point it looks like it at least needs a new ignition. I'm not sure if I want to put more money into it or not. Would anybody here be interested in maybe trading gear for this saw or buying it?

Great now I'll regret selling it after one of you guys fixes it :|:

Ok I guess if you want to pay the shipping to Sweden. Just so you know and nobody is disappointed, like I said before the piston/cylinder seems ok (see earlier pictures) can't get it to spark after putting in a new plug and checking connections, don't have any idea how well the carb works and the oiler maybe kinda works. I did put a brand new K&N air filter on it and a newer top cover that isn't cracked from a 2101 which also has the filter cover for a factory filter. The bar and chain could be included but the chain looks like somebody tried to cut a rock with it and the 32" bar could probably be used with some work.

If anybody wants to outbid Magnus I'll give you until midnight PST Tuesday.

And heres a couple pictures after I cleaned it up and put those new parts on it.

Attachments

• DSCF7034.JPG
    DSCF7034.JPG
    872.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF7035.JPG
    DSCF7035.JPG
    888.1 KB · Views: 11
Too bad you couldn't get her going, berg....

I have a 2100 that is pretty and a not so pretty 2101...and a 480CD.....after seeing some go really high on ebay, I'm gonna try to sell at least 2 of them...

All three run well, and have 150-175# compression

Maybe before you sell, you should get hold of Andy, who fixed mine for me. Bryce of Cheap Stihl Parts may well have a module....pm me.....

Maybe before you sell, you should get hold of Andy, who fixed mine for me. Bryce of Cheap Stihl Parts may well have a module....pm me.....

Yeah but by the time I paid Andy, paid for whatever parts are needed, I could probably just about buy a good used 066 or 394/395 which is probably better for me anyways.

Hey I'm already behind in my projects too Gary. :D

I think we have room for this on the pallet.
I sent a pallet saws to US for show, trades and sales etc.
Plan is to fill it op with saws to return....

You can send it to William Green if I get it...

me likes 2100's.....so you'd better watch out where you send it :/:

Well,things have changed somewhat .That saw is sitting in my garage because Magnus's situation changed regarding the saw .

I'll give it a look see in the AM to see what I can do with it .It's not a matter of will it run,rather when .I've never been whipped by a saw yet as far as making it putt and this will be no exception .;)

Up date ,it runs .I got a different coil ,rebuilt the carb,new fuel line,.made a bushing for the starter and retapped some holes .

Ran like a scalded ape for about 5 minutes until it got good and warm ,then leaned out .Obvious air leak, more than likely clutch side seal .

This old gal had not been running for some time by the looks of the petrified carb innards . More to do,get-er-done .:)

Good to hear its running Al. Wish I could hear it. I hope that air leak isn't too difficult to fix.

Back