Husky 2100

• Thread starter bergsteiger
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 11K
It is... clutch side seals are a bitch... you gotta pull the crank...

Gary
:O --really . I'll have to investigate .On the Stihl's and Macs I just thumped in the drywall screw and popped them right out .

If I get time after work I'll spin the clutch off and have a look see .

Oh this thing is easy as falling off a log .Just remove the oil pump and the seal is on the back side .

Attachments

• 2100 seals 002.jpg
    2100 seals 002.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 81
how's it turning out so far? ;)
it should be a good saw when its done.
it's my favorite,i should have bought a few and put'em up in the attic :D

I'm going to fire the old bird up again ,maybe tommorow .I think the problem was that the oil pump housing was just a little loose thus alowing a little leak after it warmed up .I replaced the slotted head screws with socket heads and put the tights to them . The seal looked fine .

It definately has the power when it is running good ,pulled a 36 buried with no problem at all .

While on the subject,how in the world do you adjust the oiler,or do you ?

That damned big old saw just about whipped the tar out of this old farm boy .That thing should have been built with a comp release .Cranking over 100 cc's , without one ,you gotta be chitten me:what:

The thing evidently has residue of the old fuel hose in the tank ,plugs the screen in the carb with little black goo that looks like powdered charcoal . I must have had the carb off half a dozen times .I'm going to give it a power douce with the pressure washer I think .

The big Swede has plenty of power when it runs though .I think it's going to be just fine if I don't loose my cool before I get it right .At the moment I'm a little pissed so I'll just punish it in the shed for a day or so untill I regain my composure .:lol:

Attachments

• 2100 seals.jpg
    2100 seals.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn, your description of how the saw runs is making me want another one :cry:

Is that the bar I sent you with the saw?

Not the way it runs now,not worth a hoot but it will .;) Yep,same bar,I dressed the rails with a beltsander and laid the file to the skip chain which by the way is Stihl .

Some time ago somebody made comment that on a few Husky saws you could change the bearings by using a special bearing puller . Until I saw this praticular model I would have sworn they were pulling my leg . I do believe a person can .

Live and learn .I went all my life and never turned a wrench on a Husqvarna then in the last 4-5 months about a half dozen of them all of the sudden .

update

I only pouted for two days and got back on it .Sometimes I pout for a year or two .;)

Pressure washed the fuel tank and the black chit just ran out ,changed fuel line and filter and cleaned out the carb for ten zillioneth time .

Success :D The old duffer runs like young pup .Lot's of compression so the rings /cylinder are A-OK . Too early to tell how it actually does ,about like a good running 066 it seems but a tad more heavy .Oils a darned set better than an 066 for sure .

I'll run it a while when cutting season gets here to check it out further .If I decide to soup it up I'll make a thread at a later date ,most likely late in the fall after it cools off .

I miss my 2100 :cry:
Got stolen off a job in Liverpool years ago.

I would say it probably has a touch more torque than a 66 Al, at least in my experience.
You want to swap it for a 181?:D

Back