Hunting 2016

Sounds like a good place on Foley Land n Timber.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Jeff. Next week should be the peak of the rut on our lease and we've got a little cooler weather coming which will help things out too. The Florida rut is crazy. Our club property is about 75 miles due east of where I live and the rut is happening there now. Where I live, they won't rut until late January. Figure that one out and let me know.

Wonder why?

Maybe he likes to help the wolves ;)

That's a head full of horns! Actually looks like a 3 year old buck. In a couple of years he might of been a good one.;)

This old gal has gotten quite used to my comings and goings on our hunting lease. She seems to know I'm not going to hurt her. Her yearling is a little more skittish than she is. I actually took the trail cam off a tree to take the selfies. Pretty good camera but can't set time and date anymore.
01010735.jpg 01010736.jpg

Pretty cool indeed Scott. I was watching deer and turkeys out of a tree stand last week when a doe zeroed in on a little brush pile in the middle of all the activity. I grabbed my binoculars and spotted a bobcat that had obviously been laying there motionless all morning. She stomped and snorted and got almost in the cat's face before he finally moved. He hissed at her a couple of times, stood up and walked by my tree and into the woods, obviously ticked that his cover had been blown. A young buck actually followed behind him as he made his exit. I remembered turkeys walking pretty close to that brush pile but obviously not close enough. Most folks never get to see stuff like that. We're blessed.

Awesome pics. That family looks stoked on their kills. The little girl looks a little maniacal in the second pic. Lol. Good for them.

Ray your pics too and descriptions. Make me miss the outdoors.

Most wildlife I see lately is maggot coyotes in the fields. Some neighbours have been shooting a bit lately even though we're not supposed to. By bylaw. I'm guessing it's the mutts. The coyotes have been so bad this year though that I've been counting barn cats regularly and feel I have to go out with my little dogs after dark. Something about yotes I really just don't like. I get very aggressive feeling whenever I see or hear them. I've set my big guys after them a few times this fall to help them realize they need to stay back and tagged one in my yard with a pellet gun. But honestly I'd have preferred to dispatch it.

Yes. But I'm on the outlying edges of a stupid municipality. The benefits are municipal water, but the negatives are stupid lollipop bylaws like no shooting. A mile east of here I could burn giant piles of whatever whenever I wanted and shoot whenever I felt like it.

@Limbrat Reminds me of a doe that got used to coming off the hill at dads place to eat out of his hand.

Somebody shot her across the road on the other hill and left her laying or didnt find her. Dad had come across her and new it was the doe.

Just like the doe I shot last year on day 1 of gun season. We got a laugh when he said you shot my dang pet. We get to where we give them names so we know which ones we are talking about.

Like this one is reaper. Basic 8 I seen back in Jan when much smaller but wide rack and grew this set this year.

reapernov2016.jpg reapernov2016a.jpg

Back